cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last post regarding PN from myself

N/A

Over the past month or 2 I have admittedly been causing hell on the plus.net forums over their fiasco of not informing customers of their 2mbit change among many other problems.

However today I received a phone call from Ben Brown saying if I don't stop posting "as we have to keep the forums friendly and welcoming" they will terminate my account! As soon as I said I will no longer post their and post here, my account was allowed to be continued but I am no longer allowed to post on their forums regarding ANY problems with PN at all as they will terminate my account.

Why would my account be terminated? Well because I stand up for the customers who don't know what PN are doing, because I point out when PN contradicts themselves in their own forums, when I point out a lie made by PN.

Obviously it's got to the point where PN have seen how serious I am about their attitude and they've resorted to threatening me with account deactivation if I don't do as I'm told.

This is Plus.net now, this is how they treat their customers. This will be my last post as clearly I cannot post anymore without being threatened. It is a shame it comes down to this now but that is it.

I hope my account won't be terminated for one last post, maybe it will and "we will not have to give a reason for doing so" (actual quote) - amazingly that is in their T&C...makes a change.

Wade, signing out.
408 REPLIES
N/A

Shame on you PlusNet :twisted:
channel
Grafter

Gosh. That's a pretty bad show. Good luck wavdev. You'll be missed.

Maybe PN could update the Forum FAQ which currently includes the following statement - it doesn't seem quite up to date with the current approach?

Enjoy the forums

We think our approach to our user community is unique and we are pleased to bring you such an effective mechanism to discuss the service you get from our company. Historically our customers have driven the company's development through this community approach. Customer feedback is essential to our continued success and we appreciate it all - good and bad. Please do get involved in any way you like.Finally, thanks for reading this part of the FAQ and for being involved in the growing PlusNet user community.

N/A

if this is true (and I'm not accusing Wade of lying here) then I would be VERY disappointed in PN. Could Ben or Dave comment on this situation?
N/A

i've been fearing the same thing for a while...

like i said, PlusNET relies on its million dollar marketing department... and us half penny customers like wade and i, well, we can undo all the advertising and good marketing in a matter of a few posts.

but you know what... if they have decided to terminate ur account due to your actions and posts, then they are stopping yourself from having an opinion! SHAME ON PlusNET... i can see a few "theregister.co.uk" headlines coming...!!!
N/A

ditto to the above

i thought we wernt living in a comunist society ?

freedom of speech etc
N/A

I'm not going to post on here anymore (at least anything negative anyways). I admit I have ranted quite alot in the 3 days i've been with PN.
I'll stick with the adslguide forums :twisted:
N/A

lol... frightened of the big ISP are you?
N/A

I'm actually one of few remaining customers who seems to think some of the changes PN have made are justified. However while some of Wadev's posts have been frank in stating his views compared to one or two others his have not been so OTT as to warrant this response.

To borrow a quote (and mangle it in the process " while I might not agree with what you say I will fight to defend your right to say it"

Can someone from PN comment on this as if we can only say nice things about PN then this and the other forums become pointless.

Also if Wadev has received this warning then do we automatically assume blobbyboy has as well given his posts took the usual flamewar's to a new height?
N/A

lol... frightened of the big ISP are you?

Not really... I'll just stick to pestering them with Tickets until my service is what it's described as.
Although we have every right to voice our opinions in the 'customer feedback' section, when customers start getting threatened with ceased services, i'd rather lay low for a while.

I remember around 2-3 years ago I mentioned legal action against a terrible ISP I was on on some forum, and then a day or two later they rang my house, only for my dad to answer and them to tell him they've contacted their lawyers and are wating for me to proceed with legal action! Evil
N/A

it's only because they've got the money, and we dont!

it all comes down to money.

as for threatening behaviour... geeeeez... didn't realise that PlusNET was a maffia.
N/A

I'm actually one of few remaining customers who seems to think some of the changes PN have made are justified. However while some of Wadev's posts have been frank in stating his views compared to one or two others his have not been so OTT as to warrant this response.

To borrow a quote (and mangle it in the process " while I might not agree with what you say I will fight to defend your right to say it"

Can someone from PN comment on this as if we can only say nice things about PN then this and the other forums become pointless.

Also if Wadev has received this warning then do we automatically assume blobbyboy has as well given his posts took the usual flamewar's to a new height?

In a way they ARE justified. The people they've capped to dialup speeds deserve it. Downloading 150gb+ a month is just stupid! And for £21.99 they can expect nothing less than being throttled to slow speeds!

But what isn't justified is how I, and alot of others aren't getting what they were assured they'd get when they became a plusnet member.
I'm on 2mbit...so what...that means jack when I can't even download torrents at 1mbit speeds. All I ask if they sort it out and then they'll never hear another whimper from me again. :roll:
Coming to think of it. getting around 1mbit speeds during peak time I can cope with, but during the night too...come on, is that really fair?
LiamM
Grafter

I must say I am surprised. We were not notified or consulted in anyway - you would have thought they might have let us know that they had threatened to ban someone.

I'm wondering where the instruction came from....

And this can't be good publicity for PN : http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=1995708&page=0&view=expanded&...
N/A

There’s some interesting reading over at ADSLguide.
N/A

Sorry state

Plusnets actions are getting more and more worrying by the day.
Their total disregard for their customers is downright scandalous.

I hope you post this on the adslguide forums so as to warn potential customers of Plusnet the type of ISP they really are.