Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU

superloon
Grafter

LLU

Iv heard from a friend of a friend that he was gettin 1.5 on max dsl
now he is on LLU he is gettin 20Mbps with no extra charge is this true and if so LLU ME PLEASE? Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
6 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

LLU

It doesn't sound very likely to me unless there was something really wierd about his MaxDSL connection :shock: Wink
Community Veteran

LLU

Casa,

I'm not sure if your friend is selling you up the river or not, but at the moment, PN's LLU service is only up to 8Mb which is supplied by Tiscali Wholesale.

As it stands, it is not ADSL2+ which provides up to 24mb like Be Unlimited and Bulldog currently provide.

Not only that, if your friend's router is synching at 20mb, it's highly unlikely he will get that actual speed, he will probably see speeds between 14-18.5mb max including overheads, which munch away some bandwidth...

AFAIK this is true to the best of my limited knowledge, and am quite happy to be corrected.

Cheers,
Roger.
Community Veteran

LLU

I was under the impression that if you were to llu'd then you'd get the max peed for the package you were on eg payg and top premier upto 24mb
premier 2 upto 16mb.

So what your saying is that if a customer is moved to llu and is on premier 2,3 or payg they will still only get 8mb as a max speed. Where did you get this info?

A
Community Veteran

LLU

@amclean

Here is where I saw the information but you are right in saying about about Premier Option 2&3 as it states Up to 16Mb for Option 2( where available) Up to 24Mb on option 3 (Where available)

So what PN are saying is, yes you will get those speeds if it is available, and I don't know (I am willing to be corrected especially by anyone from PN Towers) of any Tiscali LLU enabled exchange that has ADSL2+ kit on it as of yet which enables up to 24Mb speeds.

So.. check if the exchange is LLU enabled and try and establish if it is set up for ADSL2+ the chances are if it's not at the moment, It will be sometime in the future..
Community Veteran

LLU

Oh! i was off the impression that all LLU equipment was adsl2+, obviously not. Is it only Bulldog and BEinternet that do upto 24mb on llu then.

A
N/A

LLU

All the tiscali Huawei-DSLAMs are capable of ADSL2+. All that is required is to enable the the correct line profiles. However if people are to benifit from the enhanced line speeds the relevent backhaul capacity planning needs to take place. However at the moment the focus is on getting rollout to exchanges rather than maximum speed as this will benefit more people.