Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU to BT Migrations - now working

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Just noticed this post in the other place
Subject Re: LLU to BT IPStream cease/re-provide started! [re: h0tblack] [link to this post]
Reply to this post
Posted by Standard User IanWild (isp)
Posted on Tue 27-Jun-06 13:54:54

Just FYI, Migrations from LLU are now being operated here and we are in a position to issue MAC keys to customers who have been moved to an LLU service. This means we can manage migrations in both directions (LLU <> IPStream)

I had hoped and believed this would become available sooner, and I'm sorry that we have had to push users through a cease and re-provide where they felt they couldn't wait for this to happen. The process is available now though and it's being communicated and trained out to the CSC as we speak (That might take a few days to get through to everyone).

Regards,

Ian
link
6 REPLIES
N/A

Thanks for the info. The Register article (which Bob Pullen linked to in a newsgroup posting some time back) did indicate the procedure for LLU => BT migrations was due for trial at the "end of June", so I wonder why Ian was expecting it to be any earlier ?
N/A

is it genuinly a migration process with only hours downtime? or just cease + reprovide with anything upto a week's downtime?
James
Grafter

Genuine migration.
starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

holtlane where is the original message posted please ?
N/A

where is the original message posted please ?

here
N/A

I was just told after two months waiting that the migration I had been told about cant now happen, doesn this mean it can. Can you answer my ticket please.