cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU question

N/A

LLU question

does anyone know how to find out whether an exchange has been LLU enabled? This whole thing is a real mess.

cheers
37 REPLIES
N/A

LLU question

A partial list of the exchanges being used has finally been released, it can be found here.
N/A

LLU question

thanks for that - im not there thank goodness.

plusnet really do look like a dead duck as an isp now- very sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

LLU question

Just spotted this on ADSLGuide http://tiscalillu.freewebpage.org/ with this comment a couple of posts down
If the exchange is there then it may well be that we move you to the LLU service. We are monitoring this very closely and will continue to do so and at the moment the performance is standing up very well when compared to the IPStream product and as such we are confident in the offering.

Stewart Norriss
PlusNet Product Manager
N/A

LLU question

ASHINGTON NEAT (thats me) sent a ticket sying i wold like to be notified if i was ti be put on LLU reply was we have no intention of placing you on LLU but you would be contacted before hand if tihs happens (do u think im safe) :lol:
N/A

LLU question

No.

They contact you informing you that you've been moved. Not before.
N/A

LLU question

They claim they'll notify you before you're moved.

Their T&C's tell us they've got to do that too.

But then, they also claim there is no opt out scheme (I wasn't asking about one, but thanks anyway)

And they also claim that once the move is going to happen there's no way of stopping it. Sounds a bit like a run away car, totally out of control, doesn't it?

I just hope for their sake that when they notify us all, they've not already started the unstopable....... There will be serious problems if they have.
N/A

LLU question

Well, they haven't managed to stick to any of their previous promises or informed the first batch of customers moved. I'm not risking anything by staying with this sinking ship. Good luck to all those who are, I think you may need it Wink
/me hands out lifejackets
N/A

LLU question

I got this answer in a ticket to customer service:

"It would be 6 days notice before the line is migrated to the LLu provider."

I am very unhappy about this. This is my first post on this forum by the way (Have been a customer of Plusnet since October)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

LLU question

6 days is when the process is well under way and far too late to stop it Sad
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MysteryFCM
Grafter

LLU question

I believe thats probably why it's only 6 days Wink ..... hopefully OFCOM will sort this one out for us ...
N/A

LLU question

Some of the posts I 've read in the past couple of days tell you that if your exchange is Tiscali LLU they may have started weeks back .If they have told you that your not being moved I wouldnt believe it and so far they havent told anyone that they are about to be moved,it seems to be sort of compulsery no opt out .MAC time anyone .But please look elsewhere N*****m getting crowded :lol:
N/A

LLU question

6 days is when the process is well under way and far too late to stop it

I am sure you are correct and I guess this is why my question: "Will 6 days notice be enought to stop the move to LLU if the customer wants to leave?" has not been answered so far by customer service.

I have got these answers from customer service so far:

"In the future it will be possible to migrate away from LLU back to BT however currently this is not available."

My answer: It is interesting to note your statement "In the future it will be possible to migrate away from LLU back to BT however currently this is not available" Could you please provide evidence and your source for this information.

Customer service answered: "We are currently working with Tiscali to provide a method of obtaining MAC keys in the instance that we need to migrate a customer who is on the LLU services, but at the moment we are not able to do this."
N/A

LLU question

I received the following reply from Plusnet:

If you were moved to LLU and wanted to be moved back to IP Stream you would have to cover the re-provide costs. This is not a ploy to lose customers, the service you would receive on LLU is the same as on IP Stream, we feel that users would not want to cancel for this reason. The only difference being is that you couldn't migrate.

Apparently, we wouldn't want to cancel, so who needs a migration scheme? :roll:
N/A

LLU question

That attitude is something that really irks me. It's bad enough when it's posted here, but for a support ticket to have it! PlusNet appear to have the attitude that they should make choice for customers for their own good, that they know best and the customer is a stupid inconvenience.