cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU order submitted after MAC used

N/A

Well, I'm glad that PlusNet have done the right thing and listened to customers, better late than never. I think a lot of us can happily do an I told you so dance and await apologies from a large number of staff who berated our concerns.

After a lengthy discussion in a ticket asking for a guarantee (never recieved) that I would not be moved to LLU or DSLMax after I had requested my MAC, I received a number of responses including
LLU through us is not available at your exchange yet and we would not pay to get your line upgraded if you were wanting to leave us.

We will NOT submit a order to upgrade you to the Tiscalli LLU platform

Now that you've used your mac key, we are unable to place any orders on your line, so there should be nothing from our side to stop you migrating

Now, I know that some of these are not true but was told that no orders would be placed on my line once the MAC had been used. So I was shocked when today I recieved an e-mail from PlusNet entitled "Important news about your broadband" stating " As a result of this, we will be updating your broadband connection to use a new part of our broadband network on 03-05-2006."

Well done PlusNet for taking one step forward and three steps backwards.
2 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

As I'm sure you're aware, after feedback on these forums, we've moved the initial communications forwards in order to give customers more advanced notice of what is happening with their connection. That is what you will have received today, and doesn't mean that an order has been placed, but rather than your account has been flagged to be included in the migrations at your exchange on that particular day.
N/A

Thank you for the reassurance Jon I hope this is indeed the case.
I respectfully suggest that the e-mail be reworded as it clearly gives the impression that an order has been placed and the connection is being moved on the date given.