cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU or MaxDsl

N/A

LLU or MaxDsl

Hi,

My exchange has tiscali and I'm on Option 2. As is the case mostly, i'm still on 2mb. My exchange has Tiscali LLU and MaxDSL and i have registered for a MaxDsl queue jump. Does anyone have any idea what i will likely get when i eventually get some form of upgrade? i.e. 8mb Max or 8-16mb LLU ...Huh

Thanks
Nicky
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

LLU or MaxDsl

If PN can put you on LLU then that is the most likely final type of connection. In the mean time you may still get upgraded to MaxDSL.

The > 8Mbs speeds is still subject to Tiscali putting ADSL2+ compatible equipment in your exchange (which will be determined by the number of LLU connections they have at each exchange - i.e. they won'y support ADSL2+ until a threashold of users is reached to make it commecially viable) and you having ADSL2+ compatible router/modem.
N/A

LLU or MaxDsl

Hi,

Thanks for the information and speedy response. Thats good to know, my router supports 2/2+ so i shouldn't have any issues there.

Roll on 8mb Cheesy

Thanks Again!
N/A

LLU or MaxDsl

I am also on a Tiscali LLU exchange (Ecclesfield here in Sheffield), and am curious to know how the Tiscal roll out is going? Anyone from the PUG or Comms have any inkling on what is currently afoot?

I have to admit that with all the initial furore about Tiscali I was somewhat dismayed to see my exchange on the Tiscali list. However, having experienced the joys of BT's MaxDsl for the last month, I can't see how anything else could possibly be any worse ..............

Oh for the joys of having a stable, usable connection. I had heard that the LLU providers were a bit more savvy in how their exchange equipment dealt with sync speeds and the like, so I for one am now hoping to be switched. 800k or thereabouts upload would also be nice!

So, anyone have any more news how Plusnet's LLU rollout is going :?:
N/A

LLU or MaxDsl

I can't see how anything else could possibly be any worse ..............
Imagine moving to LLU then having no internet connection for a month..... Wink
N/A

LLU or MaxDsl

Imagine moving to LLU then having no internet connection for a month.....

Fair point - I suppose I should be careful what I wish for ...... Smiley
Community Veteran

LLU or MaxDsl

To be fair the loss of service completely affected about 40 initial connections and just a handfull since then. The vast majority have been moved over with little or no problems, and certainly a lot less then MaxDSL.

The last LLU figure I am aware of is 3700 and this is likely to be higher now.
N/A

LLU or MaxDsl

through a technical colleague who is trying to sort out a Tiscali broadband problem - well I would steer clear!! I hope Plus Net treat customers better than Tiscali as they r useless period!
Community Veteran

LLU or MaxDsl

There is a big difference between Tiscali Retail (which is what most Tiscali ISP users are connected through) and Tiscali Wholesale which PlusNet use for their LLU connections. You cannot treat the retail side problems as being the same as wholesale as they are different companies, just like BT retail and BT Wholesale on the ADSL side.
N/A

LLU or MaxDsl

incorrect they are the same company. WHat is different is the support structure and the termination kit of the ppp sessions