cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU or Max

N/A

LLU or Max

Hi it says that that my exchange is LLU enabled . My question. Is LLU better for longer lines than Max if so how?
9 REPLIES
James
Grafter

LLU or Max

Hi there,

This question from a PlusNet perspect is not overly relevant as we're not currently doing any LLU orders, but I would expect LLU performance to be better on long lines, from the account of the target noise margin being higher.

That's an opinion, and not a matter of fact Wink
N/A

LLU or Max

Surely the higher target margin would make it more stable, but at the expense of speed?
If thats the case, then the answer depends on whats important to you.
I would of course go for stability over speed, but not everyone would I suspect.
James
Grafter

LLU or Max

Yup, agree entirely.

It's really a case of what you want. The higher noise margin would indeed offer increased stability, but the sync speeds (note this does not necessarily mean throughput rate) would be lower.
Alecto
Grafter

LLU or Max

Hate to be a party pooper, but you guys are ignoring the mass of problems that people have had with LLU. Sure it might be more stable, if it works at all and if you can get Tiscali to sort anything out. Which it might not and you can't.

Silverlady still has time to opt out of LLU, and if I were the kind of guy to give advice, which I'm not, I'd advise her to do so as fast as she can.
N/A

LLU or Max

I suppose I was expecting that PN would make sure it works properly before re-starting the orders, but imagine you are right.
There is a history of things appearing to be fixed at first sight, only to go paws up at the first hurdle.
N/A

LLU or Max

Hi thanks for the input how do i opt out :lol:

Also i have been maxed and still on 10 day trial my stble rate was 2000 when started now only 1000 but i still sync at 2.1 will this go back up Cry
Alecto
Grafter

LLU or Max

Opt out here

And yes, it should go back up. Mine goes up and down by 500 from time to time.
N/A

LLU or Max

Community Veteran

LLU or Max

A more direct llu opt-out Link.