cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU'd without being informed, no service, no contact

N/A

I tried calling twice again last night: 25 minutes no answer (then hung up to have dinner). Then an hour and 5 minutes and no answer (had to hang up to restore my sanity - only so much of the same jingle and message I can stand and that was way over the limit).

Logged a second ticket yesterday (id 19867811) in addition to my no service fault (id 19821264). This second ticket was to opt-out of LLU /MAXDSL on the basis that I didn't want any more service disruption.

A reply to 19867811 was posted last night saying I've been LLUd. I hadn't been informed of this and would have opted out considering the issues other people are having and the fact it makes it harder to switch supplier since it's not possible to get a MAC code if you've been LLUd.

This is unacceptable. My service has changed without my being warned and the change has effectively disabled the service. When I raised a ticket over a week ago to say I'd lost my service there has been no mention of LLU. If the LLU is the cause then it's appalling that that wasn't highlighted as the reason (and fixed) straight away.

PlusNet - there are only two possibilities here: Either I was LLU'd a while ago and that's not the cause of the problem I'm having, or the LLU is the cause. It seems far more likely to me that it is the cause as until my lack of connection I'd had a faultless service. I want to be changed back to the service that works at no cost to me and asap. Please would you do this. I am unable to get through to speak to anyone on the phone.

If the problem is with LLU (TiscaliHuh) then they should be compensating PlusNet for all the bad feeling this is generating.
16 REPLIES
N/A

It's ridiculous that nobody seems to be able to get in touch with PlusNet by phone.
N/A

I called PN yesterday to try and find out why I was having problems with my connection. They told me that it was still being looked at as the issue had been escalated.

A few hours later (after me posting on the forums) I was called up and told that my fault had been passed on to a 3rd party. Asking about LLU I was then told that yes I had been regraded.

I want to know why this could not have been mentioned when I made the phone call.

When I spoke to Mand on the phone she told me that my connection issues miht be related to the LLU migration but could be a problem with the line (which is what was being tested). I did point out that it was too much of a coincidence that they regrade my and at the same time I can't connect. That was 3 days ago and I am still waiting to be reconnected.
N/A

My connection went down at the weekend and I've still not heard anything from them on my ticket.

I did receive an email from them Tuesday with the following:

As part of our commitment to providing the best value broadband experience, we have now successfully moved your broadband service to our alternative broadband network.

You should see no change in your service and you don't need to change any settings or your hardware, your broadband will simply continue to work as normal.

Thank you for your continued custom.

At first I thought this was a response to my ticket however having read through the forum and noted that my broadband is still not working and that my ticket has still not been responded to I'm thinking that I've been LLU migrated withouth being informed too?? Evil
N/A

To me that Email would suggets that you have been regraded. Might be worth try to call the CS. Now I know that some people have had problems getting through, but sometimes persistence does pay off.

Try early in the morning. I tried at about 7:30 and was in the queue for about 45 minutes. I guess being at work and using their phone line makes it a little easier to bear the wait.
N/A

Unfortunately my patience has expired on trying to get through on the phone and I do not have the opportunity to try during working hours.

Thanks for you reply, it does appear that way doesn't it, although I can't get my head around why they've decided to do so!
N/A

Apparently I have been LLUd and switched to Tiscali and it doesn't work - they need some more 'pairs'. I had call from PlusNet this morning (hurrah!)and they're going to get back to me with a timescale. Soon...

Seems a shame that Tiscali are causing PlusNet a lot of problems...
N/A

I've been LLU'd but PN are still waiting to hear back from Tiscalli to find out why I have problems. With a little luck I'll get that phone call today updating me with what is going on Smiley
N/A

Hi PlusNet. Any response from Tiscali? It'd be really good to get this sorted today otherwise that'll be another weekend with no access and almost two weeks... Thanks.
N/A

Hello PlusNet? Any chance of a response? There's no response to either of my tickets either... Just wondered if after yesterday's promising phone call whether there's any possibility of a date when my service (that I'm still paying for) will be restored (ideally today!!!). Please...
N/A

Well I have just received my mail to say that I have been successfully [Huh] moved.

Still waiting to hear back about why this move hasn't been successfull but in the mean time I am going to check my modem settings again (when I get home this evening!).
N/A

As part of our commitment to providing the best value broadband experience, we have now successfully moved your broadband service to our alternative broadband network....

I'd have thought given the fault rate, that somebody at Plusnet would have considered re-wording this e-mail by now, to deal with the eventuality that it might not have been successful and people may need support?

Have Plusnet not picked up on the point, that this e-mail is opening them up to ridicule on forums such as this, when a change to LLU has actually resulted in the customer losing all broadband service?
N/A

All I'm hoping for for the weekend now is a date when it's going to be fixed - this afternoon is looking too much to hope for. So that'll take me to two weeks without service on Monday as a result of LLU. I'm getting a bit down about it now...
James
Grafter

Valid point.

I'm going to have a chat with someone in the department that deals with this text.
N/A

Hi all,

Well I've finally had enough, it's one thing to have problems but to move people without even informing them and onto a solution that is obviously having major problems for a lot of people is complete madness. Many of you having suffered a lot longer than I.

I've read a lot of worrying posts as well stating that because of the LLU move people cannot obtain their MAC key to instigate a move from PlusNet. Even worse I've read tales of people having to pay for the priviledge of being moved back to BT either to just get a fix or to move on. This is utterly shambolic.

Unfortunately, I've referred many people to PlusNet and the majority of the partners at the firm I manage use PlusNet accounts personally. Not only are they fuming with all the problems they are having, ranging from loss of connections to the issues with email, but my credability as their IT Manager has been shot to pieces for recommending PlusNet in the first place.

I've always been a strong supporter of PlusNet, received good reliability in the past and think their portal is one of the best I've used hence all the referrals..however, none of this can defend the present position.

I've requested assistance in sorting the LLU situation so I can obtain a MAC key and move. I'll be taking our office business account and the various partners accounts with me. I can see it won't be long before my friends and family move too.

As for the comments regarding the email content, I agree completely, leaves a very sour taste.

Inevitably though it's the root problems that is most frustrating and whilst it's good that PlusNet have taken the email wording on board, it doesn't deal with the real issue. I know things take time to resolve, my work in IT helps me appreciate at times how difficult support environments are. However, there's no excuse for appearing to ignore customers and giving them the perception they are not important and I would never dream of 'fiddling' with services or solutions provided to my customers without their direct consent and involvement.

I'm sure fixes will be in place soon, and the organisation will improve it's position to allow it's staff (especially support) better opportunity to resolve issues, to those people I attach no blame or ill will, I've simply ran out of patience with PlusNet and reality requires me to look at reliable solutions elsewhere for the sake of my own sanity and my credability.

A very unfortunate end to what started as a good relationship.

Sad