cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU and MAC Codes

N/A

LLU and MAC Codes

I'm curious, will the move to Tiscalli make it more difficult to request MAC codes?
4 REPLIES
N/A

LLU and MAC Codes

Very difficult at the moment as there is nothing available to transfer to another ISP, you would have to cancel your Force9 package and then sign up to another ISP which means you WILL have days/weeks without a connection.
N/A

Re: LLU and MAC Codes

I'm curious, will the move to Tiscalli make it more difficult to request MAC codes?

At the moment, impossible. You will need a cease and reprovide, basically cancelling your current connection and starting from scratch.

There have been rumblings from CS that they will pay for the move back to IPStream if things do not work out, but I would get confirmation before relying on this information.
N/A

LLU and MAC Codes

As I understand it, the only choice we have is to opt NOT to move to a LLU provider in advance.

Once the move has been made (without specific prior notification as I understand it) - you're stuck with it. I was hoping someone would tell me that this wasn't the case.

Personally, given a choice between 8Meg and 24Meg, I'd chose 24. But that assumes the quality of service is compariable. Unfortunately as I see it, the only way to find out it's cr** is to try it out first - which in my mind is too late.

Problem is, the things that would make a difference (Latency, disconnects, etc) may not neccessarily be down to the LLU. Wanna take bets that anyone wanting to change back will have a make a really strong case against the "oh, but it can't be down to the LLU causing you problems"
N/A

LLU and MAC Codes

Hi,

DONT be too quick too scoff here!! if you research into ADSL2+ you may just find out there are many technical features that improve quality & speed over the basic vanila ADSL (upto 8megs). As I understand it LLU via Tiscarli wholesale has a better track record than BT on fixing any faults, why? because Tiscarli have far better tools & diagnostics than BT currently have for IPstream 8meg.

**However, I think some users definately do have legitimate concerns as others have said the lack of a path back to IPstream if you dont like the LLU service is a genuine consideration. Yes! having to try the service with Tiscarli and then being stuck with it, is a risk thats true but there again who's to say the service may NOT be totally spankingly great?? Its a dont know situation isnt it lets face it. I have to say the risk factors are somewhat off putting though. Feels like users are abit in the dark & F9 are saying trust us, it will be good?? I'm trying to be open minded still at this point & reserve judgment.

Ivan