cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU & Tiscali optout - what does this mean?

N/A

Okay so despite the fact that I don't know what LLU is, I believe that Plusnet are moving over to using Tiscali's cables or summat. I won't pretend I know what's going on.

What I want to know is this - if I'm moved over to tiscali and then I want to migrate away to another ISP, what effect is this going to have on me if my new ISP is using BT as a cable provider? Am I best opting out of the change over because to be quite frank it is my intention to move away from PlusNet very soon and I don't want the fact that I've been moved onto Tiscali to become a problem - I'd rather optout if this is going to be the case.

Can anyone help me and shed some light on this for me please because I've been away and have been out of the loop on this. Any help would be much appreciated.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I believe I am correct in saying that should the transition over to LLU cause a customer problems in the future, i.e. incurring extracosts when they wish to migrate, Plusnet will reimburse the customer these costs on proof of charging by the new supplier.

There is of course at the moment no easy transition path between LLU and BT, so it may lead to a downtime of up to 10 days. Although there were some rumblings on adsl guide about changes in the industry that could bring this down to 2 ro 3 days.

Still not as good as the 2 hours that a migration between two BT provisioned products/suppliers can be though.

Hope that helps.
N/A

Okay so basically my moving over onto LLU and Tiscali could well cause a downtime of approx 10 days or so then if I migrate? So I'm guessing I'm best opting out of this change if I intend to move away in the next week or two then. Thanks for the info.
spuddler
Dabbler

Hi,some of the posts in this Forum by Plusnet CS Staff,says even if you do not opt out of LLU now,if a ticket is placed to enable LLU on your exchange in the future.You will be given 7days to opt out of this.

Cheers BOB
jagger
Grafter

Then again,it's only going to be a problem if your exchange is up for LLU.So it has to be in a city,with a large customer base, not a hut in the middle of nowhere like mine is.(serving 2,600 houses).

And it is new technology.I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole even if it did come to my tin roofed shack of an exchange.
N/A

Well I've already raised a ticket to optout now anyway so..... [shrugs]

Now to find an ISP worth my money. Wink