cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU Speed Rubbish

halfchan
Grafter

LLU Speed Rubbish

I have been on LLU for a few weeks and my DL speeds have been woeful.
I raised a ticket with "support" and initially they said it seemed the problem was with them. They susbsequently asked their "alternative provider" to investigate and they said their was no problem on the line. Really?
The ticket response times have been terrible and the replies tell you nothing.
I know I am not the only one experiencing speed problems and they must have a clue what the problem is. I used to have a very stable 2meg connection before PN decided o "improve service". I have provided PN with more information about this problem than they have provided me. I am sure if they were paid weeks in arrears they would not be very happy?
My stable rate is 8000 and my router consistently syncs at 8157 down / 640 up.

17-07-2006 17:36:42 384.3
15-07-2006 09:35:00 591.9
15-07-2006 09:34:28 468.5
14-07-2006 23:16:57 557
14-07-2006 23:16:17 489.5
14-07-2006 23:15:36 429.6
13-07-2006 23:01:08 475.5
13-07-2006 16:46:25 666.9
10-07-2006 13:24:04 118.7
10-07-2006 13:23:09 386.5
10-07-2006 13:22:13 444
08-07-2006 14:14:46 277.5
03-07-2006 16:20:06 342.6
03-07-2006 08:30:10 712.3
03-07-2006 07:57:58 542
29-06-2006 23:06:46 349.2
29-06-2006 18:20:56 300.2
29-06-2006 10:37:32 484.4
29-06-2006 10:36:59 531.2
29-06-2006 10:36:24 871.4

I started this process on 25th June and as I write this I have just had this little missive from CS

Dear Customer,

According to our connection logs over the past few days, we can see that you have been able to successfully connect to the internet.

We must therefore assume that the problems you have experienced recently have now been resolved. However, should further problems occur, please let us know by returning this Question to us via the Help Assistant tool.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Regards,
Customer Support Centre

Are these guys for real? This cannot be legal or fair. Are they so stupid that they do not realise how stuff like this infuriates customers?
37 REPLIES
N/A

LLU Speed Rubbish

I have exactly the same issue since 29/6/06. Today i got that same message, I immediately replied to the ticket to say basically do you guys even read this stuff before you answer and tell them that its not fixed, I then call customer support on the 0845 number and hang on for 61 mins before the call rings then the line goes dead. Im on hold again, I am not giving up till I speak with someone as from previous experience if this isn't immediately chased they will treat it as a closed ticket, my god I waited about 10 days for that reply!
Still awaiting my MAC. Can anyone recommend a good isp?
N/A

LLU Speed Rubbish

Incredible, I too got the exact same message this afternoon. I've had no higher speed then 160kbps for the past couple of weeks.
I can't believe they are so transparently screwing with their customers like this.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

LLU Speed Rubbish

It seems that you should consider yourself lucky to have a connection at all on LLU, given what I've read on the forums.

It looks like the CSC agents response is a copy-and-paste job in regard to a 'no connection at all' issue, which is obviously not the problem you are experiencing.
halfchan
Grafter

LLU Speed Rubbish

I mnotice that PN do not respond to threads like these as they might have to admit that something is actually their fault LOL
N/A

LLU Speed Rubbish

Looks like this is my problem too.

I am now without service at all. A couple of weeks ago, I had intermittent/no service for nearly two weeks and was told there was nothing that could be done as I was going through LLU at the time - This came at the same time that the line "magically" fixed itself!

So now no service at all - day 2.

I think that I am going to ask PN for a refund for the lost time.
halfchan
Grafter

LLU Speed Rubbish

Good luck on the refund! These guys would charge a bald man for a hair cut!
Funny how no one from PN has commented on the numerous similar speed issues reported in the forums. Are they afraid too tell the reasons i wonder?
Mand
Grafter

LLU Speed Rubbish

Hi there

I've chased the fault up with our supplier, your issue is still with the diagnostics team. I've supplied your most recent test results and an update should be received shortly.
N/A

LLU Speed Rubbish

got the same reply to a ticket that's been open for over a month relating to intermittent connections. I almost threw a chair at the screen! Looks like us all are awaiting a report back from the same people.
N/A

LLU Speed Rubbish

Just to let you know that my connection has come back to life again.

Admitedly, I now have a slower download bandwidth than before (just under 1MB). But maybe this will improve over the coming days. I should point out that I am as far away from the exchange as it is possible to get (well nearly) so I am happy to be getting around 1MB.

My SNR has also doubled to 12 so we shall see if that makes the difference.

Who knows, perhaps we are finally beginning to see some progress on these problems?
halfchan
Grafter

LLU Speed Rubbish

Latest

Username gchue

We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support Centre has now escalated your Question [number 19684423 ] for further investigation/resolution.

The following comment was added to the Question Our supplier have tested the line and were unable to find any fault on the service. Please can you reset your equipment and test the connection plugging your modem/router into the master socket with all other devices disconnected and get back to us if the problem is still evident.

Regards,
James Kirkham

My equipment is not at fault. They know this I think. Just delaying tactics. No real explaination as to why I should do this. Next suggestion will be to try other equipment. I will if they send new equipment to me LOL.
I wonder if i could get a job with PN? I could write this BS all day.
James
Grafter

LLU Speed Rubbish

Their only asking you what the supplier is asking us to ask you.

You should see some of the illiterate garbage that we get back from BT. At least the stuff from Tiscali is spelt right.
N/A

LLU Speed Rubbish

I am curious how after a regrade so many people experience the same problems yet always asked to check their equipment. Surely this must at least indicate that the problem isn't down to the individual but rather the supplier.

Before I was regraded, I never had any problems. Once regarded lost my connection for a week. Now I have my connection, I am getting great speeds but drop on a regular basis. I have just closed a ticket thinking my issue was resolved after changing my filter however it loks lik eit is back. I need to raise a new ticket but am expecting the cut and paste response of check this that and the other but if thats not the problem you'll have to pay BT £50

I want to know why this charge is even thrown around. If there was no problem before and there is a problem now then the problem is a result of the regrade.....
halfchan
Grafter

LLU Speed Rubbish

I agree with your comment Simon. If PN suppliers are giving them the run around also maybe PN should apply greater pressure on them to resolve the problems OR maybe PN should change their suppliers LOL ? Its not like we are getting this service for free. We are actually paying!
N/A

LLU Speed Rubbish

1 month of poor speeds and counting. I get frequent disconns, loss of syncs and speeds between 50kbps and 200 kbps. My line stats are ds atten 55 and snr according to one router is 4-8 and on another anything from -1 to 12. on netgear dg834 snr seems to jump about wildly yet on dsl-504 variance seems smaller. I have tried two different routers, 8 different filters. I have removed all ring wires from every socket in the house. Same problem wether at master socket or end of extension cable. Same problem on my pn login and a tiscali speedtest login. Even at 4am I get no real speed increase. I have not gone above adsl 512 performance since being LLU'ed and usually performance is more akin to dial-up or a bad isdn connection.I get a lot of packet loss and lag is so bad I havent been able to have a single online gaming session in a month uninterrupted by lagouts.In one month there has been no explanation as to the cause of this nor any movement from PN about what they will do if the problem continues. Im just left dangling waiting for a fix. Not good enough.
If you took your porsche into a garage and it wasnt having any engine trouble yet they replaced your porsche engine with that of a mini and then said to you well your car still moves, just maybe not so fast, would you be happy?Huh