cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU, Problems!!!

N/A

LLU, Problems!!!

Since I was put onto LLU my average speed is about 256k and I get disconected regularly.

When I first came to Plusnet some 2 years ago I moved from an ISP which was dreadful. Their customer service was non existant and their adsl service was absolute pants!! Who was this appalling ISP I hear you cry?? Well... it's only the same ISP who's LLU is causing so many problems, namely TISCALI. So, judging by my long experience of TISCALI anyone who is expecting a good adsl service may have a long wait!!!
9 REPLIES
N/A

LLU, Problems!!!

Not exactly anything new is it? We all know the LLU service is complete pants and PN have a custom support reputation of a broken toilet.
N/A

LLU, Problems!!!

PlusNet's LLU offering could potentially be quite good - but only when they scrap the over-zealous line profiling (interleaving, rediculously high SNR targets, etc..) and give Tiscali a kick up the butt. With any luck PlusNet's halt on the transfer program will have put the wind up Tiscali to sort this awful mess out... Because there's obviously some compatibility issues between the user and PlusNet's gateways.
N/A

LLU, Problems!!!

I take it from this reply that anyone who has already been transfered to LLU are going to have problems for quite some time!!!!

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
bluewhale
Rising Star

LLU, Problems!!!

i don't agree that the disconnects are signal ratings related as multiple users are losing ppp but keeping sync
and this is happening at the same time
N/A

LLU, Problems!!!

To be honest I don't realy care what the problem is. I don't feel comfortable having anything to do with TISCALI, and if this problem isn't sorted within the next couple of days I'm going to find another ISP.
N/A

LLU, Problems!!!

To be honest I don't realy care what the problem is. I don't feel comfortable having anything to do with TISCALI

Snap!
I got moved on Aug 1st and have had a dire connection since (if i can actually get a connection!). It's starting to take the proverbial now....
Evil
James
Grafter

LLU, Problems!!!

i don't agree that the disconnects are signal ratings related as multiple users are losing ppp but keeping sync
and this is happening at the same time
No, the disconnections aren't related to the higher target noise margin. Tiscali, by default use a target SNR of 12dB, as opposed to 6dB on IPStream Max. Personally, I think the BT is too low, and the Tiscali one is too high, but that can lead to som speed related complaints on the Tiscali network.

The disconnection problem is something that Tiscali have acknowledged, and are working on currently. We expect some form of update later on today.
N/A

LLU, Problems!!!

I didn't say SNR had anything to do with it - merely that the higher margins and interleaving can make your connection perform worse in comparison to a BTW circuit (albeit more stable).

The PPP drop/authenticaiton issue obviously lies somewhere deep within Tiscali's network.
N/A

LLU, Problems!!!

one thing i have noticed is that when i am about to be disconnected, my SNR drops from a steady 12 to 9 then 7 and then eventually to 2 or 1 just before disconnect. My line stats are

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 5426 kbps 625 kbps
Line Attenuation 38 db 9.5 db
Noise Margin 12 db 12 db

I am surfing fine now, but for how long Huh

In the past 2 hours, had 3 disconnects. Cry