cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU Madness

N/A

LLU Madness

So,

Having suffered the poor level of service offerred by the LLU after having a good many weeks on MaxDSL with BTW, full 8 meg synch, low pings and no disconnects, I am now told after weeks of investigation that the LLU recommends changing my line profile. The result? A 4 meg, interleaved connection.

Please, please, PLEASE plusnet, sort this out. How can you possibly justify moving customers to an infrastructure provider whose service is simply not comparable to the original? Frankly, I don't care if it's your cost savings - I'm still paying the same amount, for an inferior service.
6 REPLIES
carrot63
Grafter

LLU Madness

Plusnet have stated that you can request a migration back to BT without cost if:

- You opted out but were transferred anyway
- You didn't receive an email notice prior to being transferred, thus allowing you to opt out.

If neither of those apply, theres some extremely useful advice on your rights as a consumer with regard to LLU here. If the change has been detrimental to your service, you should have a reasonable case to be moved back, and apparently CS agents do have discretion to do so.
N/A

LLU Madness

I received a response to a service ticket yesterday that stated:

we can consider moving you back to BT if this fault takes upto another 7 days without us getting any nearer to resolving the problems you're having.

Which appears to suggest that Plusnet are considering this request even if you don't suffer a whole 7 days loss of service (although what qualifies as a service now, I really don't know ...) which is what I understood a previous post to mean.

And now, a little personal rant ....

I am quite aware that the root cause of the technical problems is not under Plusnet's direct control, however, I do feel that I am being let down by the company that I have stayed with for nearly three years without any real complaint until now.

If there is a lack of knowledge or technical expertise within the infrastructure supplier then I do not expect that to become my problem - I expect Plusnet to choose a better supplier. The ongoing issue with Tiscalli seems to have degenerated into a case of trial and error, where hardware is swapped in and out, line profiles are changed at the random whim of the LLU without any proper understanding or investigation of the evidence that supports a constant, stable connection at 8 meg, and every day brings a fresh excuse and stab in the dark at fixing a problem.

I have worked in IT for a number of years, and in all my time I do not honestly think that I have seen such a persistent negligence of service offerred to customers as I have seen since I was moved from BTW.

Again, let me state that I am aware the technical issues are not Plusnet's fault. However, the choice of supplier reflects immediately upon Plusnet senior management, and them alone.

Rant over.
N/A

LLU Madness

I'm not waiting around any longer to see if PN can sort out this catastrophic mismanagement. Thankfully I should be with a different ISP within 10 days.
carrot63
Grafter

LLU Madness

The ongoing issue with Tiscalli seems to have degenerated into a case of trial and error, where hardware is swapped in and out, line profiles are changed at the random whim of the LLU without any proper understanding or investigation of the evidence that supports a constant, stable connection at 8 meg, and every day brings a fresh excuse and stab in the dark at fixing a problem.

It does feel rather a lot like that doesnt it? And I'm not so sure it isnt close to the mark. several people had profiles fiddled with 3 or 4 times, even afterthey'd knocked out irritable tickets or posts pointing out it was having no useful effect, and in some cases made the problem worse. A version of "what does this button do?". The argument goes that you have to try everything, but heeding the warnings on Tiscali might have been more prudent.

Again, let me state that I am aware the technical issues are not Plusnet's fault. However, the choice of supplier reflects immediately upon Plusnet senior management, and them alone.

The problems are (probably) not directly Plusnets fault, but we buy our services from them and they are 100% responsible for this as far as I am concerned. We were expected not to care who provided the actual connection when it suited them in introducing LLu by stealth, so its a bit rich to be passing the buck off on others when it all goes horribly wrong. And the management no doubt took the final decisions, but they were presumably advised by others who suggested that LLu was not the poisoned chalice it turned out to be. I'm afraid I've just run right out of sympathy.
kreynolds
Grafter

LLU Madness

The problems are (probably) not directly Plusnets fault, but we buy our services from them and they are 100% responsible for this as far as I am concerned. We were expected not to care who provided the actual connection when it suited them in introducing LLu by stealth, so its a bit rich to be passing the buck off on others when it all goes horribly wrong. And the management no doubt took the final decisions, but they were presumably advised by others who suggested that LLu was not the poisoned chalice it turned out to be. I'm afraid I've just run right out of sympathy.

Well said.

Would +Net accept an excuse of the bank being at fault if we failed to pay our monthly subscription, and that we were constantly liasing with the bank over a prolonged period of time to find a resolution? Highly unlikely!

As an end user I pay +Net for the service and, to some extent, accept that the service is never going to be fault free. I can also be accept that when a fault does occur it needs to be thoroughly investigated for the root cause, however I expect my service provider to do this in a timely and professional manner and not just to pass the buck initially nor to aparrently stab wildy in the dark hoping in the hope that they may get lucky, ie changing profiles after they have been told that the original attempt had made no difference to the connection problem.

From the latest service posting it would appear that the fault is lying somewhere between Ticali and +Net systems as I have been connnected to ptn-ag2 gateway for over 14.5 hours with no loss of connection on this particular Juniper ERX.
N/A

LLU Madness

I was upgraded to the maxdsl fiasco about a month.5 ago. I have had terrible problems. I have been with plusnet previously for just under 2yrs using BTIPstream 1meg and never had an issue at all. Dare I say it I am longing to go back to BT (migrating back tuesday), thats ipstream still through +net not a BTisp :shock: