cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU MAC Now Available

N/A

LLU MAC Now Available

On the 27th June, Ian Wild saw fit to post on ADSL Guide the following regarding LLU migration:

Just FYI, Migrations from LLU are now being operated here and we are in a position to issue MAC keys to customers who have been moved to an LLU service. This means we can manage migrations in both directions (LLU <> IPStream)

I had hoped and believed this would become available sooner, and I'm sorry that we have had to push users through a cease and re-provide where they felt they couldn't wait for this to happen. The process is available now though and it's being communicated and trained out to the CSC as we speak (That might take a few days to get through to everyone).

Regards,

Ian

So why is it that us the paying customers are alway the last to hear of these things? Why is it that +Net justify themselves to all the ADSL Guide trolls and non- customers but don't bother with the forums and newsgroups for these announcements?

It is good that this has finally become available, but what use is it if you don't tell your customers about it?

Mark
13 REPLIES
N/A

LLU MAC Now Available

Unbelievable!! If they can’t get this right then what hope is there for any improvement in Customer Service.

Supporting a third party website, full of non-customers and yes, trolls, while official channels are left totally barren is beyond reason. Although it is stated that the member forums are not “official support” channels how the hell can the ADSL Guide beHuh?

This has occurred on many occasions, most noticeably in the last couple of months, when with post after post, and email after email, churning out the same bumph....

Nice words PlusNet, but what does it mean for me?

Our customers are our lifeblood, and without support and recommendation from our customer base, we will never achieve the long term objectives we have set for ourselves. Whilst we don’t have control over what happens in the industry, we do have control over the experience our customers receive. By applying the principles we have proven to work in the past, but have neglected in recent times, we can make big differences quickly.

As above, nice words PlusNet, (actually we are F9 punters here), now it’s about time these words were put into action. Start with the simple options

Recently our business hasn’t always given staff on the front-line the support and direction they needed in order to deliver the quality of service we intended.

No surprise there. If the communication is as bad with the front line CSC agents as it appears to be with your customer base, is it any wonder the current situation exists.

It’s simple – our award-winning team will look after both your phone and broadband

You’ve just got to laugh.

Issues over recent months have pushed me to remove domain hosting, email and websites from F9 to a webhosting company. I’ve had little to no problems with the basic connection to which my Premier account has been reduced.

Lucky for me, I have not been switched to dslMAX. I would like to thank all the F9/PN guinea pigs that have trialed and tested the system so far, BUT, from all the posts here concerning poor customer support, I feel, rightly or wrongly, that my subscription to F9 will be short lived if I do have a problem.
N/A

LLU MAC Now Available

I could not agree with your more on this issue. I have raised this both to Ian & James without response. I will be again emailing them again regarding this.

Talk Soon!
N/A

LLU MAC Now Available

I could not agree with your more on this issue. I have raised this both to Ian & James without response. I will be again emailing them again regarding this.

Talk Soon!

I have had a really good chat over MSN with James this evening, and has reassured me that this problem will be fixed.
N/A

LLU MAC Now Available

I shan't hold my breath Jeremy, but thanks.

Mark
Marteknet
Grafter

LLU MAC Now Available

how can I opt out of MAXDSL as I don't want to go on to LLU because as I understand it, I could have problems with MAC Keys if I switch ISP's. Please advise about this before it's too late, as I am not sure what to do.
N/A

LLU MAC Now Available

how can I opt out of MAXDSL as I don't want to go on to LLU because as I understand it, I could have problems with MAC Keys if I switch ISP's. Please advise about this before it's too late, as I am not sure what to do.

Goto http://trials.f9.net.uk and select maxdsl opt out.

However as far as i am aware, you can now get MAC keys if you are on the F9 LLU platform.
N/A

LLU MAC Now Available

Don't want to sound too bolshy, but the answer to your question about MAC keys is in the opening post of this thread.

Also, just because you are opting out of MAX, doesn't mean you won't be LLU'd, you need to opt out of that separately as they are two different entities.

FWIW, MAX seems to be "playing nicely" on my line at the moment. If I do get a temporary drop in speed, it does now come back of its own accord.

Mark
Marteknet
Grafter

LLU MAC Now Available

so are you saying what I have read in this thread is correct so my going on to LLU will not change the way or the cost should I later wish to move to another ISP ?
N/A

LLU MAC Now Available

That is right. A path from LLU back to IPStream now exists. If you wish to migrate to another ISP who is not participating in Tiscali LLU and is keeping with MAX, you can migrate the same as would would BT- BT.

Mark
N/A

LLU MAC Now Available

Looks like it isn't all quite as easy as Ian made it seem in his original ADSL Guide posting. There has been a rather heated thread on the forum about LLU which has resulted in James posting the following:

. Will Plusnet issue MACs for migration from LLU to IPStream to any customers?

Not all customers. Basically it currently costs us £47 to migrate the customer back, so we will only be offering this to customers that were migrated over despite having opted out, or are reporting a serious connection fault which has been outstanding for a considerable period of time and is showing no signs of resolution. We will be looking at these on a case by case basis.

2. If not, exactly what is the critieria for deciding if a user is eligible?

Heh, read questions first, then answer. As above.

3. if a MAC is issued, can it be used to migrate from Plusnet LLU to Plusnet IPStream ?

Yes.

Bit of a U turn there somwhere. I have already read on the newsgroup of at least one customer that has un- opted (is that a word) out of LLU because MACs were available that is opting out again.

Communication, Communication, Communication. It gets them every time!!!

Mark
bod
Grafter

LLU MAC Now Available

I finally cracked the other day and decided to leave f9 and go to Zen. I contacted f9 and asked for the MAC code but they replied :

As you are on a LLU network provision it is not possible to supply a MAC code as their is no migration path from LLU to IPStream, this is not a PlusNet policy but a policy that affects all ISPs.

If you want we can fully cancel the activation but you may then have to pay a re-activation fee to the new ISP your looking to move too

I really have not got a spare £40 +vat to reactivate with Zen, so I am staying with f9 and preying my connection gets magically fixed after 6 weeks now on 288kbps.
N/A

LLU MAC Now Available

I would drop a pm to James explaining your situation as he was the main "doer" on ADSL Guide. Usually James would sort things out pretty quickly, and as he has said that the home forums are now on the list for more regular visits.......

Mark
James
Grafter

LLU MAC Now Available

Hi there,

Apologies for missing something - what are the grounds for migrating away? Loss of service?