cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU MAC Codes .. What happened to them?

N/A

Yesterday (06 Sept) it was "hoped" that Tiscali would produce the MAC codes that were outstanding:-

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47351&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Our last conference call this morning has given us better news and we hope to have the MAC Keys by tomorrow.

Could someone at PN please update us as to the current situation, as was promised in the orginal post if there was another delay.

Thanks.
13 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm not personally sure, but will see if we can get this chased tomorrow.
N/A

Thanks Dave.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

We have now received the outstanding MAC's, and will be going through them adding them to the relevant accounts from this morning. New MAC requests should now be received in the expected timeframe.
N/A

Thanks Mand. Ill keep an eye on my ticket.
N/A

Mand (or colleague),

I have not received an LLU MAC today, as suggested by your post above.

If LLU MACs are now available, please provide one on my MAC request ticket 19908986 - I requested an LLU MAC and confirmed my new provider could accept one on 2nd August.

On Wednesday 6th Sept, 11:18am, Luke Harwath said in this forum

Hi all,

Whilst I completely understand your frustration with this process we are trying our hardest to get the issue resolved. We have escalated it repeatedly within the Tiscali management structure, but have been told there are technical problems in generating them.

Our last conference call this morning has given us better news and we hope to have the MAC Keys by tomorrow.

We will then either pass them to the customers wishing to leave or initiate the transfers back to IPStream for the others.

If there are any further delays, I will let you know.

(Link to original post: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47351&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15)

Please tell me the *official* position - at what time will you migrate me back to IPStream (at Plusnet's expense) if an LLU MAC is not available.

To avoid confusion, I have opened a separate ticket, 20231209, about what will happen if I don't recieve an LLU MAC by close of business on Friday 15th Sept 2006. Please respond to this ticket.

Thanks in advance
Johnathan
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi Mysterious,

I have replied to your question.
N/A

Luke,

Many thanks for replying to my tickets ( Questions...? :? )

For anyone else interested, it seems that migration to IPStream is not possible without the LLU MACs Cry

I have a question for mandbeckett: above (08 Sep 2006 08:53 am) you said the outstanding MACs had arrived and would be added to the accounts yesterday morning. What was going on with that?

Thanks in advance

Johnathan
lhorwath
Grafter

We had a load of MAC Keys arrive from Tiscali, unfortuately you were not on the list. Hence, I have asked a colleague to chase it up for you.
N/A

OK, thanks. That's a fair enough explanation Cool

Mand's post suggested that all MAC requests would be fulfilled soon, yet your reply to my ticket indicates there's no ETA for mine yet Cry

Oh well...

Regards,
Johnathan
N/A

For anyone else interested, it seems that migration to IPStream is not possible without the LLU MACs

So the logical conclusion to this is that a MAC has to be generated to move from IPStream to LLU. Do not think so. PN should be able to convert you back to IPStream from LLU. Unless they have passed control of the ADSL connection to Tiscali. If this is the case then PN is no longer the provider of BB to LLU customers. Can this be right :?:
bluewhale
Grafter

We had a load of MAC Keys arrive from Tiscali, unfortuately you were not on the list. Hence, I have asked a colleague to chase it up for you.

i am also waiting on my llu key, have i also missed out?
N/A

For anyone else interested, it seems that migration to IPStream is not possible without the LLU MACs

So the logical conclusion to this is that a MAC has to be generated to move from IPStream to LLU. Do not think so. PN should be able to convert you back to IPStream from LLU.

Well I'm not 100% sure, but I understand the MAC is a security measure to stop people's connection being switched without their consent, therefore it makes sense that a MAC would be needed to switch between ISPs.

Unless they have passed control of the ADSL connection to Tiscali. If this is the case then PN is no longer the provider of BB to LLU customers.

Essentially, yes - that's why problems take so long to resolve.

Can this be right :?:

In my view, no - that's why I want to get out (I know, you didn't mean it in that sense) Wink

Regards,
Johnathan
craigbrass
Grafter

Ok, I am also on the LLU list. Ticket 20067893. I do not want the LLU MAC code, I just want to be moved back to BT (Free of Charge as stated in the ticket). No responce to ticket tho since you got the batch back. Can one of the comms take a look please?