cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU Down and Dial-up Not Working

N/A

My LLU connection stopped working this morning at 7.30 and the dial-up 0845 number is not connecting.
What is going on?
My dad 300 miles away as typed this out for me on his working connection.
18 REPLIES
N/A

Mine is down too, cant call PN as just get a dead dial tone. Get a sync but its dropped from 4mb to 2.4 in the last 10 mins...
N/A

This is beyond crap this is super crap

o great no phreaking dialup up now, having to use uk2.net dialup service to a charagable 0845 number.

plus.net will get sent the bill as even the freephone dialp number is out of service it seems the dialup authentication server must be in london where the fault it.

I do hope this is resolved soon as I feel this really is the last straw.
N/A

I am now using a chargeable dialup with someone else.

I wonder why LLU being down affects the 0845 dialup connection?
N/A

Something odd is going on. Got a dialup program with work and it keeps kicking me out too. Cant call my friend round the corner as his line is dead too!!
csogilvie
Grafter

It doesn't, but the London Connectivity problems are probably affecting dialup.
N/A

@tugermad

its to do with some authentication servers possibly located in london.

so it could possibly effect all services that need auth email,webmail,dialup,MaxDSL,LLU

some kind of network issue. its good to see they have resilience in the network design.

I can't wait for my 1 year to be up i'm outta here.this shower of ships can't keep the system up longer than 70 year old man on his 50th wedding anniv night

GRRRRRR

EDIT: grr i hate it when that happens, bblinkg dialup so slow makes me look dooooopid
csogilvie
Grafter

It currently looks to be a power issue within Telehouse North, which may be affecting more than just PlusNet.
N/A

Down in Salisbury

I agree looks like one of the central connection servers is down or someone cut some thing big that they should not have! connection went down at 8am today. Using works inet to log message.
Redviper
Grafter

Hi

Im in the Ne of England

I have also been unable to connect ADSL light on the router is on - but no "internet" connection - (that light isnt on either) and i cant connect since this morning

is there a wider issue here?
N/A

Re: LLU Down and Dial-up Not Working

My LLU connection stopped working this morning at 7.30 and the dial-up 0845 number is not connecting.
What is going on?
My dad 300 miles away as typed this out for me on his working connection.

I lost connection exactly the same time. I tried to reconnect but just got connection error messages. l live in central london and my exchange is Vauxhall. I checked the service status page but no relevent info. I've opened a question and I'm just waiting for a reply. Good luck!
Pathfinder
Grafter

I am in the South West and I can't connect either. My router light is green but I have no internet, email, nowt. Tried turning the router off and on several times but now I have seen this thread I guess I better just sit back and wait.
N/A

I'm in Milton Keynes and I'm down too. I thought that the last time a powercut bought the network down that PlusNet said that it wouldn't happen again, or is this a BTWholesale issue this time?
csogilvie
Grafter

It looks like a power issue within Telehouse North is causing the problem, affecting mroe than just PlusNet. This means that customers from all over the UK won't be able to connect, as your ADSL will either terminate there or Telehouse East.
N/A

Forgive my ignorance, So Telehouse is external to PlusNet? ie not owned by PlusNet but a central broadband exchange for more than one ISP?