cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU Disconnections

N/A

LLU Disconnections

On http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1156685168.htm it is stated that if you're actually losing sync, you have a problem other than the one they're looking into.

Now, for a while, I've been experiencing the problem they're looking into (i.e. the problem of suddenly being unable to send/receive every so often), but starting yesterday, not only am I unable to send/receive every so often, but I'm actually losing sync as well (i.e. having to reconnect) soon afterwards. Is this the case with anyone else?
19 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

LLU Disconnections

Hi,

If you're losing sync as well then I would say you are likely being affected by 2 seperate problems rather than them being related, but would be curious to hear of others are starting to see the same.

Essentially a loss of sync can really only be caused by something between your router/modem and the exchange, whereas we believe the disconnection problem lies somewhere in the network after the exchange and before it reaches us (unfortunately outside of our control).
N/A

LLU Disconnections

Hi,

... whereas we believe the disconnection problem lies somewhere in the network after the exchange and before it reaches us (unfortunately outside of our control).

So is this an admission that Tiscali LLU equipment is the cause of the problem, or that it cannot function reliably with the rest of the network?
N/A

LLU Disconnections

I would say that we're being sold a product that our provider can't guarantee, because it is to quote, "unfortunately outside of our control"

So don't sell it then.
N/A

LLU Disconnections

PN have already said it's a problem on the Tiscali network, and Tiscali have already said it's a problem on there NTL part of the network - don't you read the service notices?
N/A

LLU Disconnections

Who do NTL say the fault lies with?
NigelWood
Grafter

LLU Disconnections

Who do NTL say the fault lies with?
I don't know, yet ...BT or Ofcom perhaps :?:

Seriously though, unless your interested in the technical aspects of broadband the wholesalers its irrelevant. Your contract is with Plusnet and its our responsiblity to deal with our suppliers. If the service isn't up to scratch we're your point of contact and its up to us to get it fixed.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

LLU Disconnections

I would say that we're being sold a product that our provider can't guarantee, because it is to quote, "unfortunately outside of our control"

By that I mean we can't send one of our engineers out with a toolkit to go fix it himself. The local loop (the line from your master socket to exchange) is something that falls under the responsibility of BT (Openreach), and while we have tools for testing the line and exchange equipment we have to raise the faults to BT, same with the network between the exchange and ourselves, whether that's over LLU or BT Wholesale as we don't own the whole of the link we have to work with our suppliers to resolve problems, as would any other ISP.
N/A

LLU Disconnections

I've not experienced an LLU disconnection for 17 hours now, how flicked the switch?
kreynolds
Grafter

LLU Disconnections

I've not experienced an LLU disconnection for 17 hours now, how flicked the switch?

Same here, WAN uptime 18:20:34.. Touch wood Smiley
N/A

LLU Disconnections

Same here - although my connection speed has now plummeted to pre-llu levels.
N/A

LLU Disconnections

PPPoA here has been up for 22 hours 17 minutes and 50 seconds Shocked

Speed is not as good as it used to be, but I don't care if it's stable!
N/A

LLU Disconnections

I've had a couple 22 hour connections and some not far short, ie, 17 hours, I am on BT not LLU so are things getting better?
N/A

LLU Disconnections

I've just been disconnected, so the problem isnt fixed yet, but it's certainly the longest period without disconnection I have experienced.
N/A

LLU Disconnections

I spoke too soon. I got disconnected again!