cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU Disconnections recognised at last!

N/A

It's taken a while with a lot of complaints by lots of different people, but it seems PN have now officially recognised it as a problem!

Service: ADSL Dial
Posted: Sat, Aug 26 2006 at 21:52:17
Subject: Broadband Disconnections - (Ref 34944) - NEW

We are currently investigating reports from some of our customers who are seeing random disconnections. This particular problem is causing the connection to disconnect without a loss of sync with the exchange. The affected customers seem to only be connected on our LLU platform.

Maybe now something will actually be done about it Tongue
60 REPLIES
N/A

To think it's only taking them 2 weeks from when I firsdt reported this to them, and they were insistent that it was a fault with my equipment!
N/A

Same here! I know they don't want to chase non-existant faults which may be connected with the users equipment, but I think enough people notified them!
N/A

Does this mean if we have this problem we don't need to report it as they will automatically fix the problem for everyone, or do they look at individual cases?
If so, can someone look at mine.
N/A

traceymark:

Yes, raise a ticket.

If customers are seeing disconnections with a loss of sync (usually indicated by a flashing ADSL light on the modem or router) we would advise them to raise the fault as normal to us via the automated broadband fault checker on our portal.
N/A

raised yet another ticket - i have had severe problems last 4 days, no point in holding my breath about it being fixed anytime soon Shockedops:
fidgetingferdie
Grafter

Does anyone know if this issue is affecting specific geografic area(s)? Or is hitting all LLU customers regardless of where they live?
N/A

I have had constant disconnections every day since I have been LLU'd.
N/A

Me too. Constant disconnections for over two months now.
N/A

I have had constant discons since early May and a whole pile of tech support calls. This is Plus' latest update on my most recent fault call:

<snip>

Once I have received your MAC Key back from Tiscali I will submit you for 2Mb IPStream. You can then choose when you want to go onto Max in the future and we will upgrade you at our cost. I will also credit you back for the whole period where you have had downtime. Currently 4 months.

</snip>

This is a decent response from Plus, but I have been waiting for the reverse migration for about six weeks (that's six weeks since Plus suggested that a reverse migration would be the next step to try.) This is far longer than it takes to get adsl from scratch and suggests there is a problem prioritising resources. Wink

It's fair to say that Tiscali are *not* equipped to deal with faults and that the mechanism to return customers to ipstream is shambolic. IMHO, Plus and Tiscali should have made sure they could handle the support calls and cater for all eventualities before the max process started.
N/A

How long does Plusnet have to have a fault open before they admit defeat and offer a reverse migration from LLU to Ipstream or back to your previously supplied service.

I notice that paulspandler has waited 4 months.

Anyone been offered a free reverse migration earlier?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I think its pretty fair to say now that the much heralded move to tiscali LLU, has not been exactly what Plus were expecting. It seems clear to me, from reading these forums, and my own experiences, that the tiscali network is not up to scratch. It took the direct input of Ian Wild to get my connection back to a stable 2meg ( which is what I had prior to LLU), and I asked to be capped at this, to stop any further issues. The current problems do not appear to be Pluses fault, and although I am not adverse to a bit of plusnet bashing!! it appears to be all tiscalis doing, offering a network that is still not working correctly, with no thought for backup or fault finding systems in place. I think that Plus should not admit defeat with this, and offer their LLU customers a migration back to IPStream if they want it. I agree that this level of service issue should not still be outstanding, and is pathetic from an End user point of view. Plus should seriously consider some tiscali head stamping, as this is seriously affecting their once fantastic level of service and support. ( which is why I was with them in the first place)
bluewhale
Grafter

what i'd like to know is the contract plusnet have with tiscali

as clearly it isn't upto scratch and therefore i would have thought that plusnet should get tiscali to pay for me and others to be moved back

why should i have to pay with the cost to both my time and money for someone elses screded up service

this is the sort of deal that the goverment get with private suppliers...
N/A

whos the best people to complain to about LLU?
N/A

I've been at home for the last two days and I've been disconnected about four times each day.
Just also logged a ticket, not sure I can take much more of this poor service.
PlusNet have now made my old BullDog DSL connection seem reliable.