cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCP is allowed to come up....

N/A

however it keeps hitting the snooze button and goes back to bed....

I was regurgitated 13 days ago, since then a once stable line is now completely useless to me, it is forever lossing sync and constantly dropping the line, a bit like the local police station when you inform them of a crime.

I'm running a netgear dg834g stringless yoghurt pot humptymacmoo, line atten is 29db down 31 db up and snr is 1db. im connecting at approx 4mbit down half mbit up but its not stable at all. Before the regurgitation my connection was stable, reliable and ronseal (did exactly what it said on the tin).

I've been with +Net for quite awhile now and enjoyed the experience overal by a large margin, especially compared to the ISP I ran screaming from.

I'm tempted to have a go at the phone rewiring thingy mentioned in another post but with my luck i'd end up on the front of a national newspaper with the headline "Man dies in horrific twisted pair accident: Body found in hallway ringing softly to itself"

So....what to do? call support? raise a ticket? feed ones self slowly into a juice extractor and have a nice cup 'o' peeved?

Cry
4 REPLIES
jagger
Grafter

You been on the technicians tobacco? Cool

I'm thinking of opting out of MaxDSL.It seems to be..................unhealthy. :lol:
shellsong
Grafter

I guess you ought to be connecting at about 2.5Mbps so you get enough SNR for stability. Maybe when you've detoxed enough to be coherent you should raise a ticket! Cheesy (CS can sometimes find it hard to get to grips with simple concepts in plain english with few syllables-- they're funny that way! Wink )
N/A

Well i know how you feel as i am now in day 17 of my rebirth as you put it and getting same problems as you but the oh so kind people at CS said its not my line its my side funny how it keps syncing though at exchange and am in 2 minds weather to jump ship off this totally usless isp or just downgrade back to my normal 2mb which was nice and stable

Evil
N/A

I am still on 2MB, running same Netgear, and keep looking at my line attenuation and noise margin in anticipation of the day. I had wired an extension via the loft and cupboards to the BT socket downstairs, hidden and neat, and it has not been a source of problems Att. down, 39 and Noise varying 24 to less than 10 in the evening, OK for 2Mb, not much else, I think. Not too up on these things. So I have run a new cable (nothing special) directly to the socket, shortest route, and now noise hovers 28/27 during the day and about 20 in the evening, attenuation same at 39.
Next step, I think, replace BT face plate with the one with in-built filter and hardwire a superior cable. Shall probably wait for result of upgrade to 8Mb and 10 days thereafter before decision. Smiley