LAck of , no NO cutomer service

Ive only been waiting since the 9th of Dec for a replay to a complaint, NOTHING
some use our ticket service
I thought some things were bad, this proves it worse
17 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

This is due to the team that your ticket is with take a little longer to action your ticket, due to the processes that they follow.
doomreaper
Grafter

this may sound silly, but couldnt someone take 2 mins to post and let the customer know ??
Surely keeping the 'customer' informed is part of customer service ?
Im geting rather disheartened by the whole situation here and no one from F9 seems to care in the least.
And many thanks to those that have pm'd me with support and warning that i mayget the elbow from support for publically voiceing my concerns , but if they dont hear how can they improve ?
JonathanW
Grafter

Because, its not always possible to come back and provide an update on the ticket when there isn't an update available. We do obviously try and keep customers as updated as possible, but it often comes down to the fact that it isn't possible to provide an update due to there being no update from BT.
N/A

Hi Jon,

The point doomreaper is making is an extremely important one, This is a classic example of failure to communicate with real customers, & a real customers needs. Sadly, it is my perception & firmly held opinion that F9 PlusNet have a culture within there organisation were they fail time and time & time again to 1) listen well to customers 2) communicate with customers in a timely & appropriate way. 3) Response well to customers needs.

**OK!! so theres no update, OK but you could still tell the customer sorry! no update from BT yet!! and a simple note would make ALL the difference in the world to the user/customer who is held in a state of limbo otherwise.

**I have no idea why F9 are so bad at communicating with customers but techies and geeks are generally not known for their social skills sadly. :roll: Perhaps this might explain some of it but I think its more than that.

**Also I feel strongly that F9 often create a distance between themselves and the customer/s or even I'd go as far as saying that F9 use the technology to hide behined at times?

Ivan
N/A

i agree with cyteck on this

doesn't matter if no update from other part, customer isn't bothered about that, they want an update from yourself, as it is you (F9) they are paying for the service not BT.

I think tickets should have so form of automatic escalation if not answered with a period of time, similar to how the ticket is cleared down automatically if no update received within 10days.

Say set it to automatically escalate or email a senior member of the support team, if it hasn't been dealt with within 48hrs of being last updated. They can then update the ticket and give any feedback to customer.

regards
mike
N/A

Surely in the case above, F9 have taken the action of reporting the fault to BT. It's that action something F9 could inform the customer about?

Okay it's not much, but then it's not a blackhole either.
N/A

i agree, and this is one of the things we brought up at the meeting last saturday, about better communication with customers, which f9 admitted they had failed on in this past, and would endeavour to rectify for the future

regards
mike
doomreaper
Grafter

Thank you , i was beginning to feel that after yet another reply to a ticket question that kinda side stepped my actual question i was going mad! .
The point is and will allways be keep the customer informed and happy. Ok so no news but even a note after the 72 hours i was orginally told to expect something i should have had a note to say sorry but this happened and were going to do this n that , but what i actualy recieved was nothing untill i persisted and asked , then gained a reply over 288 hours later, a little diff from 72 hours.

And i may add a 2nd point, it would seem to be true that only the most recent notes are read when replying to tickets. This may seem fair to F9 support team, but it does leave them open to only dealing with/ answering part of a problem, and not the whole issue.
(if that dosnt make sense - ask , i am dyslexic and often know what i mean but it dosnt come accross right becuase of spelling and so on)
N/A

"Keeping the customer informed" is basic customer support stuff. If there is no response from BT then say so, at least it shows the customer hasn't been forgotten about.

Half the problem seems to be that nobody actually own tickets, they seem to be dealt with by whoever gets to the latest ticket entry first. This leads to the "can you tell me x/y/z" that you already answered 3 boxes previously or prehaps on the previous ticket that CS closed without resolving the issue. Doomreaper has obviously suffered this too.

It wouldn't surprise me if the root of the problem is a raft of KPI's that management put in place to "monitor and improve customer service". Routing new ticket entries to the first available support member reduces bottlenecks and should provide quicker turnaround times that make the stats look good, but does it actually lead to better customer service? IMO generally not, as no single person actually feels responsible for solving the problem. They probably won't have to deal with the same ticket twice and can move on to process another ticket as quickly as possible (without reading the history of course) so they are the "employee of the month" in customer support. Might also explain why almost anything you ask in a ticket is ignored - waste's time that could be spent whizzing through another ticket.

Same goes for closing tickets without resolving the issue: It provides quick resolution times for the statistics but is detrimental to solving the issue as all the history is lost. Not to mention that having to raise 3 tickets to get one fault fixed is extremely annoying for your customer Evil

Stuff the KPI's, how satisfied are the customers with the service? If they're not then review the ticket(s) put yourself in their shoes and think about how something similar might be tackled better next time.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

We have a dedicated team who chase faults with BT, and we have recently changed the process so all tickets that haven't been touched for 48 hours are done before any others.

While it would be great if they could update all the tickets even when there is nothing to say this would take a considerable amount of time and would cause the whole faults process to slow down.
N/A

Ben,

Gordon Bennett!! HOW MUCH SLOWER can the F*** ing faults process GET!! its abysmal as it is F9 or BT Ahhh!! I feel a pain in my head? Ivans thats because you've been banging it again isnt it?? does anyone else have that feeling of dajar voo!! I think I might go and stand in the corner and screem very loudly!! Evil :twisted: Tongue Cry :roll: :roll: Oh!! has anyone ever met gordon benett bye the way?!!

Ivan
N/A

Hi Again,

Now I've calmed down after meeting Gordon Bennett :lol: :lol: But seriously F9 has chosen to put in place a ticketing system for answering technical questions from users.

Here's a serious suggestion why doesnt F9 management offer some kind of small financial incentive to each technical support agent to answer tickets within a specific time limit. And if the ticket is answered successfully and completed within the time limits then the agent would receive a small fee ( I have no idea what fee you would set 20p, 50p or £1) The money would help motivate agents to complete tickets in a more timely manner.

My guess is that the present system offers no incentives for support people to complete tickets any more quickly than they feel like. In other words there is no great hurry we'll just answer them as quickly as we feel like. Hence some tickets dont get the attention they deserve or need, and the days roll by.

I'm sure some tickets could be prioritised as urgent, less ugent, & snails race. Or Gold, Silver or Bronze or should that be Red, Gold & Green Man :lol: ?

Ivan
N/A

Ivan,

You mean solve rather than answer don't you... Problem is that this encourages premature closure of tickets, which I have to say they are already expert at.

How about asking customers to rate how their ticket was handled on a scale of 1-10 when closed. Make part of the salary variable, with the variable bit paid quarterly as a % of £xxx, where the % is related to the average customer rating.

The hard part about this is grouping staff together into small enough groups such that they feel they have a direct effect on the score the customer gives at the end. This ties in with the lack of ownership problem I posted about before.
N/A

Hello isapon,

Premature closure!! sounds like something abit rude really? :lol: :lol: Shockedops: but I know what you mean though. Yes! I agree with your points. Yes! I was thinking further about how you assign the financial incentives to each agent and I think your right, the customer should be able to rate their satisfaction with the solution, resolution or information provided regarding the issue/s at hand. Then and only after a score is given should a payment incentive be given to that agent based on the score the user gave for their satisfaction.

Say a score between 1 upto 25 or 30 (25/30 =highest or best, 1 or zero=worst or least helpful, or problem unresolved still).

Ivan