cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kitz' article for usergroup on capacity

N/A

Here is the link to the PUG news item...

http://usergroup.plus.net/news_pncapacity.php
5 REPLIES
N/A

Very interesting read, as ever. It certainly throws some sharp relief on the whole debate. It certainly gets to the core of the discussion more precisely than any of the official plusnet news releases. I presume the two 155 segments due to be lit this month are standard contractual arrangements with BTW when purchasing capacity? Last time I asked whether they were due to be lit this month I was met with a very defensive response from the comms guys (Stew Norris iirc) :?

Thanks for the trouble you went too in order to produce such a thorough and clear piece of work, Kitz Cheesy
LiamM
Grafter

I would imagine that these 2 that they light will go to cover metronet customers as they move in to our network...
N/A

I suspect that is true. Why be so evasive though. It only adds to the general feeling of mistrust about plusnets spin when it comes to communication.
N/A

The thing that annoys me is how stew writes his posts. THere very obviously from a marketing standpoint and dont really grab the problem at hand.

IF you look at his last post it was information, some spining. some more info, some more spin.

Bandwidth is tight... we know. we know it costs but we need a repsonce from plusnet that simply states facts and not spin off how they plan to make their service good. (its getting seriously annoying)

I know thats your job stew but could you try be alittle more to the point / down to earth. i think it would help a great deal. Putting marketing into the equation only seems to fuel the fire that we had on the forums in tersm of bandwidth.

2ndly. nice work kitz. Some of those figures seem alittle bit out but i think it gives a good overview of the situation.

Cheers
kitz
Rising Star

>> Some of those figures seem alittle bit out but i think it gives a good overview of the situation.

Im happy to try and clarify any of the figures that seem "off the mark."
If per chance its the cost per GB, then this is the minimum figure it would cost, to any IPStream ISP inc vat. If the centrals are under-utilised then these costs rise.