cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep losing connection!!!!!

N/A

:? Dunno what s going on but today and yesterday i keep getting disconnected whilst playing online games.
This is beginning to piss me off ...whats going on now with these cowboy operators? :?
5 REPLIES
N/A

maybe

:shock: :shock:
maybe its because of a high ping or the admin doesnt like you .or it could be that the server is for members only.
LiamM
Grafter

Your post is not particularly constructive in the least.

We need some more info. How regularly is it happening? Has it happened before? Do you know your line stats? Have you tried any alternative hardware to ensure it's not hardware related?

Plusnet are far from a bunch of cowboys, but if you give us some more info, we may be able to help sort out your issues!
N/A

my connection will close after 20 mins of non-activity. anybody know where i go in windows xp pro if i want to increase it to two hours?
N/A

dial up

control panel / /Internet settings /connections - your options are there

or get a stay alive program that will send a continuous signal signal to
stop you getting disconnected: such as "stay alive"
passer
Grafter

I too have been having problems all day today. I click on a link, maybe on the BBC news page, and after a time, get the "page unavailable" screen. I retry, and get the same. I go elsewhere, and get a link, and then when I return to my original attempt, it works OK. I had assumed it was a DNS location problem or some such, and noticed that there was a problem last week, though that is marked as Fixed. I phoned the PN helpline, but wasn't prepared to wait the estimated 10 mins to speak to someone, as I suspected a "Dunno" sort of response was all that would be forthcoming. That was this morning, and it's now happening again. It was also happening when navigating within the PN portal itself, but it's inconsistent, so doesn't lend itself to easy analysis. My exchange rating (Ranmoor) was good when I looked, and my speed test was good. It's like it's just glitching, for no apparent reason. In the traditional manner, I assume it's a BT thing. I also have Sky whinging that they aren't getting a call-back from one of my boxes, though the other, connected to the same line, is fine. Networks, eh? Can't live with them, can't live without them.