cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting disconnected

N/A

Keep getting disconnected

My ADSL was turned on at 00:03 on Saturday. Since then I have been cut-off 4 times for just like 3mins, and twice I have been cut-off for over an hour, and from 1am to 8am last night I could not get any access.

What's going on? Is it always like this?
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Keep getting disconnected

Sorry i posted in the wrong place, should have posted in ADSL section, im tired Smiley
N/A

I get this problem too.

1st plus said to swap the filter: done
2nd plus said it will be fixed when BT install the fat pipe:..... right

I've seen on other websites people like Mike Grice state that often the problem lies between the phone line and the exchange. But can I get plus to take it to BT? No. They're too busy parroting the fat pipe thing.
N/A

Problem with my line to the exchange...

My exchange is just along the road, about a 3min walk from my house, lol.
N/A

Chris,

I have looked at your account and can see that the connection pattern does indeed indicate that your problems are related to the ongoing issue as posted on our service status pages.

To clarify though:

Are you still experiencing the connection loss or are you mainly suffering from speed issues? The fact that you are able to connect will mean more then likely that if we escalate this to BT, they will simply turn the query round stating 'no fault found', hence our reluctance to do so.

We are confident that the new pipe will indeed resolve these issues and we continue to work with BT to rectify the problem.

Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+
N/A

Mark,

I cant connect, i lost connection alot. Downloading/Uploading is fine, i get my full 60kb/30kb so thats not a problem, i just lose connections, and contact connect for a long time, and the remote computer (yours) dont respond to me, but i can connect to the exchange fine. Its almost next door, i watch the flashing lights through the window Wink lol
N/A

Hi there,

I realise this is perhaps not the answer that you are looking for but this does sound like a problem relating to the service status announcements - ie. the BT HomeGateway Router, which we are in talks with BT about.

When you are disconnected and try to re-connect, are you powering down your equipment
or simply attempting to reconnect (automatically or manually) straight away? I ask because upon an 'abnormal' connection termination, the session is not ended properly and can take around half an hour for the connection to be fully dropped, reverting to a state you are able to connect from again.

It's worther cutting the power for a moment upon disconnection - you may well find you can re-connect quicker.

Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague.................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ --- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet --+
N/A

Although I have got an open ticket on this and will be following it through, I would just like to let you know that I have myself been having very similar problems over the last few days. The ADSL connection itself is seems fine, but I keep losing access to the Internet, and reconnection does not always succeed on the first attempt.

Regards,

Andrew.
N/A

Hi Andrew,

Please follow the advice above and see if this improves things at all.

Your open problem will be dealt with as soon as possible.

Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+