cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep dropping connection

N/A

Keep dropping connection

I am on Broadband & it has been perfrect for months, however in last few days we keep losing the connection. Model is a Binatone as supplied by PlusNet, the L/H green power light stays on but R/H one keeps going out & you then have to wait until it comes back on to log back in.
Is this a problem outside of my system?
Regards

Sad
7 REPLIES
N/A

dropped connections

Since changing to the 2mb service I have been having the same problem, having to reboot the router a couple of times a day. Have raised it with Customer Support and waiting for a reply
N/A

Keep dropping connection

aye me too lost connection at least three times today especially annoying when your hosting a game with six other annoyed people :?
Anyway i here phones 4u company are going tp be offering 1mb broadband uncapped no activation fee and a free modem....for £24.99/mth.
Oh well lets see if they can get their act together.
N/A

Keep dropping connection

My line dropped earlier on tonight as well... wondered if anyone else had had the same problem!

Still my connection has been fine before and since... so all is good Smiley
N/A

Keep dropping connection

Mine is now virtually unusable, have logged on 5 times just to get to send this!
Drops out every few minutes.
jberry
Grafter

Keep dropping connection

Hi there,

The dropping could be down to some work that BT were doing at your exchange or a fault. If you are still experiencing a problem then you need to either raise the issue through link:contact us or give us a call on 0845 1400200 as there are a number of diagnositic procedures we need to go through.

Regards,
N/A

Keep dropping connection

I had that problem for ages but it hasn't happened once since I upgraded from 512k to 1mb.
N/A

Keep dropping connection

I had this exact problem with the same modem, not that that in itself is relevant.....After I spent a daya trying all kinds of configurations with my phone lines etc, I resigned to the thinking it was an exchange fault. Sure enough, when I retuned home after the weekend, my connection was as steady as before.

I can only assume there was a problem at the exchange. It was like this for about 2 weeks though which is a bit worrying.......