cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep being prompted to connect via dial up

bigbry
Dabbler

As I am browsing round the web every now and then the dial up box appears on screen requesting I connect via my 56k modem. I close this box and then the next time I move on to another page I get the connect prompt. I click on connect and then its all ok again. Is this something to do with the page I am browsing, the settings I have or my connection?

Just one other question. As a Broadband Easy Start customer (24.99) what are my useage limits if any. I have had a quick look round but I can't find anything. Apologies if the info is available some where.

Cheers

Bryan
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If you are on broardband then change IE connection setting so it never dials you default connection. IE still thinks you have dialup and thinks you need to connect each time.

There are no usage limits on your broardband connection. There are bandwidth limits on your website (if you have created one).
bigbry
Dabbler

I have set up IE in line with the instructions I received from yourselves with the modem. I have dial whenever a network connection is not present selected.
Community Veteran

I do not work for PlusNet see sig.

In tghe connection settings window, which one is your defaulr connection. If it's your 56k modem change the default to the ADSL modem and see if that helps.
N/A

Run a virus scanner or something like Adaware just in case you've picked up a nasty.
This is the second occurance of the system "requesting dail-up" that has been seen on the forum this week.