cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just when you think it's all too awful...

N/A

Yesterday evening's abysmal performance (for all forms of traffic, well within our usage limits on a Premier account) were the penultimate straw: the final straw was that no-one form PlusNet acknowledged in that thread that there was a specific issue, though PlusNetters all over the UK were clearly suffering.

So I decided to request a MAC - I threatened to a month ago and got a free month to see how it went (it went downhill).

So this afternoon I requested a MAC, 2 weeks ahead of my billing date, hoping that I'd get out without paying more money. You can imagine my amazement when the MAC drops in my inbox within 2 minutes (i.e. with the automatic acknowledgement of the request).

Maybe if support are getting that efficient again I should stay... or perhaps not.

Aid
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hows your performance now asimons?
Its back to last night's shambles for me again.
I've still got to put up with this isp for 2 more months, its going to be a very long and painful 2 months by the looks of things.
Community Veteran

I have to say that I have always said I will stay with PN whilst ever the service fits my requirements. I dont download that much, and I do most of that off peak when I can, so I rarely go near the 4gb threshold of BB+.

My main use at present is gaming, and this is where the service has now started to fail to fulfill my requirements. The lag experienced during peak times on PN is incredibly high when compared to a friend on another ISP on the same exchange. Curiously enough his next door neighbour (another friend of mine) is with PN and experiences the same lag as myself, so this is clearly a PN issue.

I am now looking at alternative providers, once I find one that fits my needs, even if it does cost more, I shall be off, as this current situation of trying to use ellacoyas for the answers to every single problem, is just not acceptable.

If gaming is useless again tonight, then I shall use my Http traffic to search other ISP sites and conclude where to move to.

PN state gaming is Titanium, yet the lag reported by many gamers, including myself, is just unnacceptable - it is clearly something to do with how PN are managing the network, and quite frankly, if they cant even manage to keep a customer happy that uses little but titanium traffic, there is little hope for anything else is there.
N/A

Phoned a member of comms team. 25 hours later I have my MAC. So in 7 days I should be long gone.

Incidentally, as a gamer one of the reasons I've decided to go with enta is the reported gaming performance. You may want to check them out Chesterfield.
N/A

ahoids - I don't know what my peformance is like right now as I'm at work. I'd been thinking of going home and finishing off there, but if the performance has dropped and the VPN is as bad as it was last night maybe I'd better stay here!

chesterfield - I've stuck with PlusNet on a similar basis: it suited my needs, I liked the forums and support, and it was affordble. But there comes a time when you realise it's not what it used to be, and there's no evidence it's getting better, so it's time to switch.

Aid
N/A

Yes, it's bad again, though not yet quite a bad as last night:

N/A

Then i'd suggest following the instuctions in this thread http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51622

They might take some notice then...maybe