cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just when I thought it was safe

N/A

I was starting to "re-think" my leaving, when my speeds starting to go back to normal the last few days...til i saw this

This afternoon.........

This evening...........

Tonight................

Now I can understand it being a little slower in the evenings, fair enough, more people on etc etc...but to drop from 4.5 to less than 1 in the space of 6 hours...and that bottom test was being generous, at one point it was having trouble getting above .2
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

What's the exchange status like and what result do you get on the BT speedtest? What about real world usage rather than just the speedtests?

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/ is giving me 6923kbps on my line, didn't do any testing earlier, but been working from home since 9pm and it's been fine.

The result from just one site is difficult to say whether it's something our side or elsewhere, there's a thread going over on the Usergroup forum gathering data from various sources.
N/A

BT speed tests show higher speeds, and the exchange is on green, what i dont get are the irregularities of it, i can accept the speeds going down a bit in the evening, but a huge drop is beyond my understanding, NOTHING changes on the hardware side, my router is always on now, and got an msr of 8000 again, my pings were fine the other day after the interleaving was turned off. My router status is 8128.

I only want a regular connection, thats all, I have not had a disconnetion for at least 2 months now, its just getting seriously frustrating!