cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had to say this

N/A

Just had to say this

After a regrade? from the £40.00 a month 2 meg, to the exactly the same £23.00 a month 2meg, I find myself with only 512 service or less. So I politely asked plusnet to look into it & explained what had happened, after supplying them with some initial speed tests (I guess they didn't believe me when I told them what speed I was getting!) It then took 5 DAYS to get back to me just to ask for more tests! Now I know you shouldn't write an Email or letter in anger but I was a touch upset! This was my response.

"Do you really think that 5 days to respond to a problem is satisfactory? I have to say that Plusnet have just about the worst customer services that I have ever come across (& I have come across A LOT of bad companies) & when you do get back to me after five days, what have you done - NOTHING, you just ask me to do some more tests. You didn't even bother taking on board what I had told you or looking into the problem. Well thankfully the problem sorted itself out, or I'd still be with a reduced or probably no service. It's bad enough that you have been charging me £40.00 a month for a service that is available for £23.00 & not even informing me, let alone giving me a crap service as well. Not only that, but you can't make a decision & stick to it for 2 minutes, telling all your customers you’re going to do one thing, then changing your mind a day before implementing it. Why is this, because you get so many people complaining? I would guess so. It may be better if you thought through your plans a little better before e-mailing all your customers with the latest balls up. Please feel free to pass this e-mail to your managing director from whom I would like an explanation!"

For god's sake plusnet, get your act together!

Kevin
10 REPLIES
N/A

Just had to say this

If you don't mind me asking, when did you change from £40 to £22?
N/A

Just had to say this

Why don't you claim the £18 overpaid x the number of months back from them? That's what I would do, taking them to court if necessary.
michaelscott
Grafter

Just had to say this

Why didn't you just phone them? It's much faster and easier.
N/A

Just had to say this

lagurc - I requested it a two or three weeks ago.

chiara - I've not got the time or inclination other wise I would already be with another ISP, it takes a long time to do the necessary research to find a better ISP, then all the hassle of moving. It seems the whole Broadband industry is flaky including the cable lot!

michaelscott - Faster then 5 days yes. I did phone them but after 15 mins. on hold I gave up, also I have to say that when I have phoned them in the past their attitude stinks - you're just a dumb-ass no-nothing pleb in their eyes! & reading through the forums I'm not the only one with a few complaints. No smoke without fire!
N/A

Just had to say this

Still don't understand why people who've paid £100 or so too much don't at least write a letter to the CEO on the off chance...
N/A

Just had to say this

Good old plusnet, here's their reply to me -

Thanks for the feedback if you would like to persue this matter further please do so in writing to PlusNet Plc, Technology Building, Terry Street, Sheffield, S9 2BU
Regards,
Removed

That really helps, don't it?

Anybody remember the film FALLING DOWN with MICHEAL DOUGLAS? I know how he felt now!!!!

One last thing to add. If your reading this trying to decide what ISP to go with FORGET plusnet!!

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Agent's name removed]
Pathfinder
Grafter

Just had to say this

Thanks for the feedback if you would like to persue this matter further please do so in writing to PlusNet Plc, Technology Building, Terry Street, Sheffield, S9 2BU
Regards,
Removed

Yes it does, they are inviting you to take the matter further.

If you really feel you have been wronged then you fix it the adult way and put pen to paper citing your grievances.
N/A

Just had to say this

All UK ISPs are required to supply a Code Of Practice that outlines there ADRS (Alternate Dispute Resolution Scheme) which all providers are required to have).

The PlusNet COP, including details on contacting PlusNet, and full details of the ADRS can be found HERE
N/A

Just had to say this

Regards,
Removed

Yes it does, they are inviting you to take the matter further.

If you really feel you have been wronged then you fix it the adult way and put pen to paper citing your grievances.

Pen to paper? You want to get into the 21st century, we have WORD PROCESSORS NOW YOU KNOW!!!
Pathfinder
Grafter

Just had to say this

Pen to paper? You want to get into the 21st century, we have WORD PROCESSORS NOW YOU KNOW!!!

Plus.net have nothing to worry about here.

This is weyoftheweb signing off from my PC.

Ya know maybe I will get myself one of those new fangled broadband connections one of these days.

Night all.