cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got the email this morning saying my account is active!

N/A

Right, being an old bulldog customer I decided to stick with them, they were going to install an 8MB service to my new flat, 8 weeks later, this didn't happen, a friend of mine put me on to plus.net, I ordered and my ADSL was connected and set up by this morning... I am well impressed! I can't wait to get home and try it out as this is done a day early!

Well done PlusNet you have seriously made me believe that there are still companies out there with better than good customer service! I think this is the start of a great and long relationship!
12 REPLIES
N/A

Jus curious, how much are you paying PN right now? You are only paying £21.99 right?
N/A

I'm paying the 39.99 one so I get upgrade quickly... (company expense! Woooo!)
N/A

Oh the company is paying it, that's good...but it is still a con and while you're not paying it PLEASE downgrade to £21.99. The quick upgrade is a huge con, it will not benefit you at all. Read around the forums about this (frankly to save me typing it out again).....the summary is there is no gain to paying £40 a month to PN right now and they do not deserve it so please don't jump into the lion's mouth.
N/A

Really?? Hmmmmmmmm I'm not paying it so don't really mind at the moment Wink

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed. Please dont use all of a preceding post as a quote.
N/A

I noticed you said you're not paying but my point was PN right now don't deserve the money, regardless of the source so please reduce yourself to £21.99, not to save a big company money, but to stop PN getting money they do not deserve.
N/A

I take it you have been waiting for ages to get your account upgrade?
Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed, see above.
N/A

No, I went down to £21.99 the second I could and am on 2mb which is currently the maximum PN can offer as BT have not made 4mb and 8mb available and once they do everyone will be available to upgrade to 4mb and 18mb for a fee of £15 which works out cheaper than paying an extra £18 a month now.
Alecto
Grafter

Just to add my voice to wadev1589.

There are loads of people, we believe, paying over the odds for the £21.99 service because they don't know about the changes Plusnet have made, and because Plusnet haven't told them they could pay less for the same service.

And even if you personally aren't paying it, your company is, so your customers are.
I'm glad you don't work for me.
N/A

Hmmmmm the reason I took it was because this service was recommended by a friend of mine...

I am going to have to consider changing the package in that case, I thought it would only be a short wait..#

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed again. Please refrain from using all of a preceding post as a quote.
N/A

Just to add my voice to wadev1589.

There are loads of people, we believe, paying over the odds for the £21.99 service because they don't know about the changes Plusnet have made, and because Plusnet haven't told them they could pay less for the same service.

And even if you personally aren't paying it, your company is, so your customers are.
I'm glad you don't work for me.

I have been reading the forums, I am actually now comfortable with paying the 39.99 a month for this service, I don't want to have to wait for my 8MB service and want it asap. So I am quite happy paying for it, because it has only just gone live my company does not pay for it for a few months so it is coming out of my pocket, I am quite happy, infact thanks to my experiences with bulldog I am even more happy that at least I have had no hassles with plus
N/A

You've obviously not read properly, had you done that you'd be aware that extra £18 per month will get you 4mb or 8mb maybe 1 week quicker? Then I say maybe as if I know PN they'll issue a mass upgrade request to BT and I bet it ends up taking longer to upgrade customers who are paying more. BT respond better to instant-payment (i.e. the £15) than a mass upgrade request.

Please, I beg you, reconsider this, I promise you it will not benefit you and until PN tidy their act up (being new here you'll have missed a lot of the fiasco's PN and the customers have gone through) do not give them money they do not deserve and that will only lead to increasing the christmas bonus - just think about where that extra money is going to....they're hardly going to give it all to BT as a bribe are they?

It is not worth it and PN do not deserve it, please do not do it.
Community Veteran

I don't want to have to wait for my 8MB service and want it asap.

And just when do you think your going to get this 8meg sevice :?

It wont be within a few weeks. More likely to be several months and thats providing that your line can support it Sad

Do your firm a favour and listen to the advice thats been given.