cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just changed product, what to do now?

Azagoth
Grafter

Due to getting sick and tired of low speeds during peak time I've just swapped to the PAYG 2GB product via the upgrade link. Does anyone have an idea as to how long it will take to take effect?

If it helps in advance, my stable rate in my profile is 7000kbps and I am syncing at 7616/448 connected at 7.6MB.
7 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi

This usually takes a couple of hours, but I've made the changes manually for you.

You just need to reboot in a few minutes and you're good to go. Smiley
Azagoth
Grafter

Ok, thanks Mand. I'll go grab a quick coffee and then reboot.
Azagoth
Grafter

Now that's more like it. Smiley

Download Speed: 5621 kbps (702.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 381 kbps (47.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

It was 300kbps/80kbps half an hour ago.
N/A

Download Speed: 5621 kbps (702.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 381 kbps (47.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

It was 300kbps/80kbps half an hour ago.

Out of interest, surely the jump in speed (from 300kbps -> 5621kbps) is (ultimately) at the further expense of BB+?

I mean, it's not like by switching to PAYG PlusNEt have just gone out and bought an extra bit of pipe to give you the speeds...

Just curious -- and not knocking you azagoth -- am glad you're getting speeds you are happy with :-)
Zathras
Grafter

Its just a speed test (totally meaningless unless you got a fault),unless the new payger goes mad with usenet or other http stuff for which they are charged for 8am to midnight it doesnt matter much Cheesy
Community Veteran

Out of interest, surely the jump in speed (from 300kbps -> 5621kbps) is (ultimately) at the further expense of BB+?

I mean, it's not like by switching to PAYG PlusNEt have just gone out and bought an extra bit of pipe to give you the speeds...

Just curious -- and not knocking you azagoth -- am glad you're getting speeds you are happy with :-)

That is certainly true short term, as there is no magic wand that PlusNet can wave and bring in extra central capacity overnight.

But longer term as PAYG users pay for their usage then PlusNet will have the cash to buy in extra capacity when it is needed. And they have indicated that they will.

PlusNet already have extra central capacity on order, unfortunately due to the engineering works required this order is taking longer than many users would like.

Chilly
Zathras
Grafter

Maybe, except I dont believe PN is short of bandwidth, its the hellacoyas , theres enough 'play' in the network unless most BB+ users changed. And as you say it would be short-term as there'd be more money in the coffers to upgrade.