cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just been switched back to BT or have I?

Stitch626
Dabbler

On Tuesday 17th Oct, a job was completed to switch me from LLU to BT. However, I'm not convinced it actually happened. I have asked for this to be confirmed and have been assured the change has been completed. The reason I am unsure is that I cannot connect using speedtest@speedtest_domain (BT?) but can connect with testing@dslconnect.co.uk (Tiscalli?). Also, my upload sync rate is around the 600kbps mark, which I thought was too high for ADSLMax. To me this suggests I am still on LLU but hopefully someone is about to tell me I'm wrong. Am I?

Thanks, Mark the confused one :?
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What is your account type - is it a business account?

You can find this under account details -> account summary
Stitch626
Dabbler

It's not a business account. I am on Premier option 1.

Thanks, Mark
Community Veteran

Hmm... definately something wrong.

You need to raise a Q again and state your line stats and sync rate suggest you are either still on LLU or have been moved to Max Pro and it needs to be checked. Ask them to pass the problem on to provisioning/faults to have it checked with BT/Tiscali.

Don't get fobbed off with PN say do checks on this or that, its wrong and must be passed on by CS.
N/A

Upload of > 448 generally means either business ADSL or Tiscali.

Also, Whats your downstream speed? If it's less than 8000, then check your SNR after connecting - It's normally 6dB on BT and 12dB under Tiscali. This can change if you request it, or report consistant disconnections, but the BT one is normally still less than 12dB unless the line is good enough for 8mb.

If your stable rate is still 8000, but your downstream speed is less than 8000, this may suggest Tiscali as well.

Sometimes pings give it away too.
Stitch626
Dabbler

Thanks for your help. I've just bounced it back to support to see whats going on, Mark
carrot63
Grafter

Assuming you have a BT phone account and it is enabled for online bill payments, admin etc, follow the instructions on http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/order.htm and you should be able to see the status of any orders against your line and whether they have been completed. I'm also waiting for an LLU > BT transfer that should have completed on the 12th, but all thats happened so far is that my phone was cut off for a couple of days.
AndyMan
Grafter

One way is to go to any other ISP's site and begin the sign up process to use them , if you are still on LLU then the process will fail telling you that you have an incompatible device on your line ...

Not exactly scientific I know but it does work ....
N/A

Hi,

Its worth checking your ticket, i was supposed to get moved on a date and BT missed it and put it back a week. However when they did eventually try and move it i was offline for 10 days....
N/A

I think I may be in the same situation. I was told I'd be moved back to BT today, and now PN have closed the ticket I've had open for months. However, I saw no break on my connection, and my lines speeds are 2819 and 505. These aren't BT speeds, are they?

The BT order tracker reports that something has been done today, but I don't think it has.

It's a bit previous of PN to just take BT's word for it, without checking with me. I work in customer support, and we only ever close tickets when the customer agrees!

If anyone cares to check my ticket, and the reasons for its closure, I'd be grateful - it's 19979805.

Andy

edit: just forced a reconnect and got 2899 / 519 - sure looks like Tiscali to me.
carrot63
Grafter

Portmacc,

I'd be curious to know what your BT order says. My currently unfulfilled order states:

Items in this order
Description Item Quantity Cost Rental
PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0
PROVIDE PROVIDE SMPF - SMPF EXISTS 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0

Which looks to me (from a position of ignorance admittedly) like LLU is being provisioned, not removed. It also seeme to be conspicuously lacking the component contained in my orginal move to Max in May:

PROVIDE BT IPSTREAM MAX

Which makes me wonder if I'm going to end up without any service at all. I raised this concern with support on my long running ticket 20332726, but they (rather predictably) ignored with the last comment a week ago being:

Unfortunately at present we are awaiting further information from BT.
Apologies for any delays.

Which is all very well and good, but I'm gagging to get shot of the LLU fiasco and the endless sensation of waiting for Plusnet to do something.

I'd be interested to find out if other punters are in the same boat and finding out what the root cause of the non-happening transfers off LLU are. After nearly 3 months on LLU my patience is wearing a little thin and some information from PN would be useful.
N/A

Hello insightphotos, my order looks identical to yours. It says it's completed, so I don't know whether PN asked for the wrong thing, or BT/Tiscali didn't do what they were asked, but certainly my connection is still on LLU (and still dropping out several times a day - very annoying!)

Andy
Stitch626
Dabbler

My order says:

PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0
PROVIDE PROVIDE SMPF - SMPF EXISTS 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0

but under Latest Update it says "Your order has been completed."

I have asked the question twice now (in different ways supplying stats etc) as to whether Plusnet is sure I have been moved back to BT. The last update told me I was definetely on the BT network again. I was also asked to try the following speedtest, which may be worth a try for anyone else in this situation:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/help_and_setup/speedtest.shtml

So far, every time I try this, it says the service is too busy. I will try this again early tomorrow morning to see if I get a result.

So, either the order is correct or there is a lot of confusion going round :shock:
N/A

so if your connecting through it why not get your ip and just check who its registered too, BT or Plusnet...
N/A

I am supposed to get switched back over to the BT Network. Nothing so far. Sad