cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just been regraded

N/A

Just been regraded

Hi

As the title says I just been re-graded and my speeds are all over the place and for about 5 mins I lost all connection!

My router says that I've sync'd at 7800 ish but as you can see from the speed tests its a bit irratic.

I tried adslguide speedtests as well but again the are all over the place

Is this my otimum speed being tested?

My plusnet speed tests...

19-04-2006 21:22:27 3249.5
19-04-2006 21:20:17 3171.1
19-04-2006 21:18:56 1998.5
19-04-2006 21:17:00 3263.3
19-04-2006 21:16:44 2929.2
19-04-2006 21:09:24 2791.9
19-04-2006 21:08:58 3389.1
19-04-2006 21:08:36 3624.2
19-04-2006 20:47:23 1811.6
19-04-2006 20:46:51 1429.4

any ideas?Huh
14 REPLIES
N/A

Just been regraded

Mine was done this morning (very quickly after a gentle ticket - took one CSC rep to sort it).

My synchs are up round the 8k mark, but the SNR is 6db - things do look stable though. We'll see what happens after the 10 day's training is over Wink

Its likely you may see problems whilst the training occurs - restart your router/modem and see if its any better.
N/A

Just been regraded

anyone else having this problem
N/A

Just been regraded

Are you saying you have just been re-graded (day 1) or are you saying that the re-grade ten days have passed and now you have been FULLY re-graded (day 10ish).

Because the email titled "Important news about your broadband" clearly says:

In the ten days following your upgrade, you may see your speeds vary. This
is perfectly normal, as tests are carried out during this period to see
what speed your line can support. It's important that you stay connected
during this ten day period so that these tests can take place. After ten
days you should see your speeds stabilise at the fastest speed your line
can support.

Obviously if the 10 days are up you need to raise a ticket with technical support.
N/A

Just been regraded

Even after the 10 days, line rate (not sync, although they too will change) speeds will still be up and down, simply due to contention and other factors (such as how much PN is trying to squeeze the network!) and so during the day especially you'll see speeds slower than what you could potentially get - the middle of the night you'll likely see faster speeds, simply because less people in your local area are using the internet, meaning less chance of exchange/vp congestion, and also potentially less usage on PN's network meaning more capacity for you to burst up to higher speeds.
N/A

Just been regraded

Are you saying you have just been re-graded (day 1) or are you saying that the re-grade ten days have passed and now you have been FULLY re-graded (day 10ish).

nah just got the first email and was too excited to read the rest Cheesy

well at least I know now

cheers
mr factor

Tongue
N/A

Just been regraded

Even after the 10 days, line rate (not sync, although they too will change) speeds will still be up and down

So your saying, (after the 10 day regrade period) a drop in speed of 2MB is perfectly normal due to PN/Exchange congestion?

cheers
mr factor

Tongue

No problem, just read your the emails eh Tongue Otherwise nice people like me end up posting and I am not being paid lol Evil :lol:
N/A

Just been regraded

Even after the 10 days, line rate (not sync, although they too will change) speeds will still be up and down

So your saying, (after the 10 day regrade period) a drop in speed of 2MB is perfectly normal due to PN/Exchange congestion?

Yes.

Infact, right down to 400Kbps is "normal" under the acceptable limits which BT Wholesale have set for the Max product.
N/A

Just been regraded

that a bit carp aint it?
N/A

Just been regraded

Thats the acceptable limit so I have heard but it is not exactly the norm is it.
N/A

Just been regraded

lets hope not :shock:
N/A

Just been regraded

Thats the acceptable limit so I have heard but it is not exactly the norm is it.

400Kbps isn't what you'd expect all of the time, no, but ~2Mbps or a little higher is certainly what you should expect to see from the BT Wholesale "8Mbps" provisioned service, especially during the day/peak. Yes it'll burst a little higher and a little lower, but pretty much at peak time you should expect (so they say) around 2Mbps-type speeds.

That's not to say that all day every day you'll only get that speed, as you should get higher, but there's a very likely chance that it'll swing down to ~2Mbps speeds, and that's unfortunately what we've got to expect from it due to contention.
N/A

Just been regraded

It's important that you stay connected
during this ten day period so that these tests can take place.

Would be nice if I could stay connected for 10 days. Since the regrade the amount of disconnects seems to have got worse. Sometimes I'll get 30 seconds of use before being booted.
Anyone else have connection probs?
N/A

Just been regraded

It seems the same for alot of people, during the start of the tests random disconnections is supposebly the norm. After a few days it should become more steady. If you look at some of the other posts on the forum some people are saying there are ways to get steadier connections.
N/A

Just been regraded

I did take a quick look last yesterday but couldn't find anything before being diconnected. Then there was the radius failures again so I couldn't get back online.

Hopefully the disconnects will be over soon, seems a bit more stable today. I'm still getting disconnected but unlike yesterday my router is able to reconnect automatically.

BTW, speed tests here are showing only 1 - 1.5mb/s consistantly. Hopefully that will also be sorted after the ten days.