cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just been DSLMaxed

N/A

Just been DSLMaxed

My business account Netstart up to 4Mb has just been DSLMaxed. I wouldn't have known though if it hadn't been for looking at my router Stats!

I still have an open ticket with Plusnet from 2 days ago enquiring what was happening. The order was placed with BT on the 3rd, Accepted by BT for 3000 and BT office Max ordered by PN on BT on the 6th. The service entry has shown as BT processing ever since.

Interstingly the http://www.dslzoneuk.net/checker.php site which I described on an earlier thread has gone from "An order or upgrade in progress" back to "ADSL is active on this line" so their database is pretty much up to date.

I didn't expect great speed on this line as I am distant from the exchange and only had 34db attenuation and 11db noise on 1Mb ADSL. The BT site suggested 3Mbps. I am currently syncing at 2816 downstream and 832 upstream with 6db SNR. I get the 832 upstream speed as I converted the account to Business Premier.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Just been DSLMaxed

Hansinst,

I too have been upgraded today I was on the up to 4 mb premier account, like you the router told me rather than plusnet,
your figures are interesting, mine are as follows:

down 812800 up 448000
SNR Margin 11.5
Loop Att. 21.00

SNR margin has dropped from 30 on the 2m line which I was concerned about until I saw your figure of 6. I wonder what the figure used by B.T. is for a stable line?
Regards
Doug
N/A

Just been DSLMaxed

I believe the minimum is 6dB which is why my max speed is set to 2816bps and looks unlikely to go any faster.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Just been DSLMaxed

@dougpoll

BT sync the line at the fastest they can while keeping above 6db. As you've got db to spare you should have a reliable 8M connection.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Just been DSLMaxed

Thanks elvin.
Lets see what happens in the next 10 days.
Regards
Doug