cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a quickie (oooh Matron!)

robbynudd
Grafter

I have a problem with my router disconnecting prob every 2 mins and then resetting and connecting straight back on. No sync lights going out just the familier "a network cable has been disconnected" coming up in bottom right. Just want to know if anybody else has this prob and is there a fix
Left a "question" with support but not holding my breath
This has only happened in the last 3 days, been on Maxdsl since 26th April been flying up until as I say 3 days ago

Please HELP!!!!!!!!

Stodge
2 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Is this a wired connection that you're using, or a wireless connection? If its a wired connection I'd suggest checking that its plugged in properly at both ends and there's nothing visibly wrong with the cable itself. Where as if its wireless there's possibly something interupting the signal between the router and your PC.

Another thing to consider is whether or not the router is getting rather warm, as I've seen one or two instances in the past where heat has caused a router to reboot itself, though that's slightly different to what you're reporting.
robbynudd
Grafter

Hi Jon

Its a wired one its a Safecom Sahr 4114 and I have changed the cable loads of times but the bit about the heat is interesting as the box is quite warm in places and since I have unplugged it I have been online, maybe I need a new modem/router

Thanks for the insight though

If anybody else knows owt just shout

Stodge