cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a question - Cost to leave

N/A

I know that many people have been discussing the cost to leave Plusnet, as there was a deferred activiation fee.

I honestly couldn't remember seeing that I signed up to a deferred activation fee.

Now I notice that if you transfer to Plunet with a MAC code, and do not request a Modem, then it is *FREE* to join - i.e. no activiation fee, upfront or deferred.

I just checked an Email I received from Plusnet when I joined, which seems to imply the same:

Thank you for choosing to move your broadband account to PlusNet.

Your account will be processed as soon as possible with the information you
provided when you signed up.

Please note that your move date can be affected by BT and your previous ISP.

Account confirmation details:

Your chosen account: PlusNet Broadband Plus - Up to 2Mb (Monthly Contract, No
Modem)
Activation fee: 0.00 (inc VAT)
Monthly subscription: 14.99 (inc VAT)

Again, no mention that I would have to pay circa £50 if I ever decided to leave.

Can anyone comment?

Note: Im not actually planning on leaving, Im just curious
3 REPLIES
N/A

did you migrate in? from that email it looks like you migrated in, the only fee you'd pay is the £14.99 migration fee plusnet waived (this is assuming you remain for less than a year).
N/A

did you migrate in? from that email it looks like you migrated in, the only fee you'd pay is the £14.99 migration fee plusnet waived (this is assuming you remain for less than a year).

Yes, used a MAC from the dreaded pit of excrement that is Tiscali.

Thanks for the answer - nice to know that I don't "owe" money to anyone
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

The activation fee, which is the £50-odd one, is payable to BT for them making a new broadband connection. You (or a previous ISP) will have already paid this. PlusNet offer to let you defer this payment if they need to make it with the You stay, we pay offer.

Phil