cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Wondering

N/A

Just Wondering

I have recently been unhappy with my connection speeds, like many who post here. Because my year is not up yet, I will have to pay around £200 to terminate my contract early.

If High users are getting payments squashed because +net no longer wants them, does that mean I should get on usenet (P2P is awaste of time now) and download my heart out and I will get my early termination :?:
7 REPLIES
MrToast
Grafter

Just Wondering

Don't assume that the congestion (if that is what it is) is happening in Plusnet's network. It may be elsewhere and apply to any other ISP that you might sign up with.

You might end up fixing the wrong problem.....!
N/A

Just Wondering

If it is with BT wholesale, this is still a problem with +net. I pay them for a service. They pay BT wholesale. They need to take action against them. Besides, it is only my P2P that is crap. I get full speed with usenet and my speed tests are fine.

Back on topic. You cannot give favours to the 'naughty' ones and not the others. This just entices bad habits
N/A

Just Wondering

Have you not considered that,

a) P2P speed is variable at best. What if there just aren't enough people with fat enough upstream pipes with the file you want?

b) I'd say it's a fair guess that the file you're downloading is illegal. If I were you I'd shut up and wait a little bit longer for it if everything else is fast.

c) If everything else IS fast, then PlusNet's packet shaping is doing its job properly.

-James
N/A

Just Wondering

Yet another ignoramous. Why do everybody asume all torrents are illegal. All this has been done again and again. Please stop lecturing about P2P, we know how it works.

Yet again back to the original question. Maybe I should download lots of illegal stuff, get up to one of the bad boys, then I would be able to leave early.

I realise P2P is slow. That I am not happy about and wish to do something about it (Change ISP's). I do not want to pay an excessive amount for something which has been changed, when others are considered bad people, and given prefferencence.

I would not know what I would want that would use 150GB a month, but if it gets me the same treatment, I have a delete button.

How I will laugh when they treat the gamers in the same way, or the stramliners and usenets. Don't get me wrong I think we all pay a price and should do with it what we want.
N/A

Just Wondering

Your p2p is slow. Which connection do you pay for the plus one or prem.

P.s he aint ignoramous
N/A

Just Wondering

I'll thank you to realise that I'm downloading the Fedora Core 4 DVD ISO at the moment via Bittorrent, and I'm getting a very acceptable speed. Thus you shouldn't assume that I'm an ignoramus.

I note that you are so defensive about your legality or lack of it that you have not addressed my points a) or c).

Regards,

James
N/A

Just Wondering

Appologies for the ignoramous.

I am sick of hearing the same argument. Just want to get away from a service which I feel has changed and I feel have lied and offer services they cannot provide. The only way out, it seems is to become a bad person. My download are around 20 - 50GB depending on what ISO I am working on. I do not play games, but I do use P2P when needed. i would struggle to use 100Gb a month, but if that is what it takes, I can download all sorts of crap using usenet.

I just want to get away from what I consider a deceitful company.

As for answering questions a) & c). I decline because that is not part of the question. I accept P2P shapping, I just want to do something about it.

Dean

Ps Appologies for spelling, in a rush