cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Moved to Max DSL Trial

N/A

Hi,

Yesterday I received an e-mail from PlusNet saying, "We are pleased to announce that your broadband has been successfully moved onto the trial service."

- Does this mean I am now on a BT Max DSL connection or an LLU connection? Does the trial include BT and LLUs? I ask because I cannot connect to the BT Speed Test.

- Is there a way to tell if I am on BT Max DSL or LLU?

- My router now reports downspeed = 6944000, upspeed = 416000. The PlusNet speed test reports my connection at about 2Mbps. Does that mean I am "physically" connected close to 7Mbps but throttled to 2 by PlusNet?

- I have read that users on trial can upgrade to 8Mbps by paying regrade fee. Will I pay £39.99 a month until trial finishes?

- Is there an ADSL2+ trial happening?

I tried using the upgrade option via the portal but it keeps taking me around in circles to the upgrade page...

I am on Bermondsey exchange.

Tia
7 REPLIES
N/A

Sounds like your getting put onto the BT dslMAX 8mb line.
N/A

Re: Just Moved to Max DSL Trial

- My router now reports downspeed = 6944000, upspeed = 416000. The PlusNet speed test reports my connection at about 2Mbps. Does that mean I am "physically" connected close to 7Mbps but throttled to 2 by PlusNet?

No, that is not a plus.net throttle it is the dslam, it will see what you are syncing at for I think from what I read on adslguide about 5 days before your throuput rate will be increased to linespeed -10% approx (due to overheads)
N/A

Re: Just Moved to Max DSL Trial

it will see what you are syncing at for I think from what I read on adslguide about 5 days before your throuput rate will be increased to linespeed -10% approx (due to overheads)

So I don't have to bother requesting an upgrade? My connection will increase to linespeed automatically after 5 days?
JonathanW
Grafter

If you're unsure about the details of the trial, I'd suggest first reading the email that you were sent out regarding this, and then raising a ticket via link:contact us to ask for further information.
N/A

You jammy @$%£"$^&
Community Veteran

You jammy @$%£"$^&

Hey Bob, your "F"."E"."L"."L"."O".and "W". keys seem to have broken! Tongue
N/A

Hey Bob, your "F"."E"."L"."L"."O".and "W". keys seem to have broken! Tongue

lol Wink