cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Curious, this statement true ?

N/A

I have just read this statement. Is it in fact true, ans does one really get 45 days to find out if it suits one?

quote:

"All of our broadband products come with a unique guarantee: if you're new to PlusNet, you'll get a relaxing 45-days to experience our broadband service to find out if it's right for you. If you're not completely satisfied during this time, we'll pay for you to change to another broadband provider.

Once you've experienced our award-winning service and value, we're confident that you'll stay with PlusNet broadband. You can take advantage of the PlusNet Guarantee if you're new to broadband or if you are changing from another broadband provider.,"

Does this guarantee apply to ALL newcomers, or must one sign up for such a guarantee please?

May I also ask what exactly are the limits attached to the Premier Account, please ?

regards

grimerz
14 REPLIES
crimsone
Grafter

Wow! I wasn't made aware of this when I signed up, and I don't think it was in existance at the time.

Given that this constitutes a change to the BB contract, can I take PN up on this offer now instead? lol

(For anybody with an extereme snse of humour failure right now, that was a joke. For anybody that doesn't understand what I mean by joke, I didn't really mean it Cheesy :p)
Community Veteran

I can't remember exactly when PN introduced this but I believe it has been arround for over a year as the satisfaction guarantee and there have been clear links to it on the PlusNet main pages and various other pages.

Note: the T&C for it (linky) is very clear and you still have to pay any deferred activation & hardware costs so all that you get is the option to cancel an annual contract and not have to pay for a migration to another ISP.
N/A

Please explain 'deferred activation,?'

I migrated from AOL 'Gold' where I got unlimited downloads and I could stay on the net all day if I wished. Not that I ever did .

regards

grimerz
ddunford
Grafter

+ ‘You stay we pay’ Deferred Activation +

For every year you stay with PlusNet we’ll guarantee that the cancellation cost decreases. What does this mean? If you cancel within the first year, then you will pay £47 for the activation. For every year you stay we’ll reduce this by £9.40. If you also choose to take a modem as part of the offer there will be an additional cancellation fee of £25 in the first year and this will reduce by £5 for each year that you stay.

You can choose an annual or monthly contract when you choose broadband. If you choose the monthly contract option in conjunction with this offer there is a one-off charge of £11.75.

-----

+ Migrations +

For migrations if you have chosen a Monthly contract and wish to leave within the first 12 months then you will need to pay £14.99. However if an annual contract was chosen then this fee does not apply as you will need to pay the first 12 months before you may cancel the contract.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

+ Migrations +

For migrations if you have chosen a Monthly contract and wish to leave within the first 12 months then you will need to pay £14.99. However if an annual contract was chosen then this fee does not apply as you will need to pay the first 12 months before you may cancel the contract.

This thread is discussing the 45 day guarantee. In that context this statement is wrong. See this from the associated T&C
The date at which your contract ends will be 30 days from the date we confirm receipt of your request to migrate. We will waive any outstanding service contract term. However customers will still be required to pay any deferred hardware/activation costs outstanding.
N/A

Re: Just Curious, this statement true ?

I've made use of this myself, but as most ISPs do free migrations these days and I was on a monthly contract anyway it doesn't mean much. You still have to pay the £15 deferred activation fee and 30 days more of service before you're out (though the migration can complete before the end of the 30 days).
ddunford
Grafter

Well, correct the 30 days is standard regardless but i did not want to confuse grimerz by only given an explanation with the deferred activation because he 'migrated'.

With is why i made it clear enough which was which.

Thank you.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

You miss the point.
Either starting as a completely new broadband customer or migrating in the 45 days guarantee is identical. Hence even if you migrate in you still are not held to a 12 month contract if you leave within 45 days.
This is contrary to what you stated.
ddunford
Grafter

Apologises, yes that is correct.

I over looked that fact Wink
N/A

Hello everyone

Now I really am confused ?

I migrated from AOL gold to Plus-net and asked for the annual payment system. So, may I ask , if I decide that PlusNet is not for me exactly how much will I have to pay please ? Hopefully not one years subscription.

And how much time do I get to decide please?

regards

grimerz
N/A

If this guarantee still apply's ( as I would assume it does ) you should have 45 days from when you signed up with Plusnet.

If you migrated in you should only need pay the migration fee ( £14.99 ) back to plusnet before being given your MAC. You will need to raise a ticket within 45 days of having signed up. Your notice period will last 30 days if im not also mistaken.

Regards,
N/A

Sorry I also forgot to mention that you would have to pay any subscriptions that fall within your notice period. However you should be entitled to a refund or rebate on any days that are not within the notice period for which you have paid by means of raising a ticket once you have migrated out.

Hope this helps you Smiley.
N/A

Hey Tomspcs

I am in Nottinghamshire too, a village near Gunthorpe!

Are you saying that if I decide to leave PlusNet that I will have to pay 12 x the Premier Charge before they let me go? I thought a cooling-off period would only require me to pay for this first month?

regards

grimerz
N/A

Hey Tomspcs

I am in Nottinghamshire too, a village near Gunthorpe!

Are you saying that if I decide to leave PlusNet that I will have to pay 12 x the Premier Charge before they let me go? I thought a cooling-off period would only require me to pay for this first month?

regards

grimerz

Inside of your first 45 days you need only give 30 days notice and pay any deferred charges. Beyond that you'd need to pay any remaining part of your 12 month contract, plus deferred charges.