cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined today!!- is this really what i am to expect??

N/A

Hello one and all!

I have been connected today on the 2mb (!) line after leaving wanadoo. Been looking forward to paying a cheaper price for a speedier connection.

But am i really to expect that im not goin to get a much faster connection than i have had in the past?

i get varying results but not much more than an extra 30kbps. Poor in my eyes

Am i off to an unfortunate start or is this service really on its way out of my good books already? :?:
51 REPLIES
N/A

*Not a dig at plusnet (plenty of people here to do that*

From *my own experience* PlusNet are unable to offer a service that matches up to what it says on the tin. Hopefully yours will pick up and you'll have a long, luuuurving time at +Net Smiley
N/A

Hi

Welcome to the forums.

get varying results but not much more than an extra 30kbps

What is that taken from, P2P or bittorrents? Or is it a Speed Test.

What account are you using. Broadband Plus or Premier?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Did you request a speed upgrade when you signed up? If so this will be in progress now and should be completed in the next few days.

At the moment the system can only instigate a speed regrade once the migration over to us is complete. From there it's usually done the next day although can take up to a week.
N/A

I did requst an upgrade and understand it may take a day or 2 to kick in, fair enough. my test was done on this site and others, alarmingly my newsreader was showing an appalling rate when i tested it just better than dial up!
Im a plus customer - i feel that this should not affect my speed by this much.

Im willing to be a little patient and calm bout this and hope the comms team come up trumps with their response, im one of a few converts to plus net i know. Hopefull our future will be bright
N/A

BB+ and usenet is an even worse relationship than Premier and usenet unofrtunately.

From what I've read here, you can't expect, realisitcally, more than 40kb/s constant on usenet
markmax

I too have just signed up after moving from Wanadoo, who I might add I have been very happy with. My reason for moving ? simply to have uncapped service.
I chose +net premier at same speed as I was getting 1meg. I am feeling a little uneasy, hope things don't turn out to be a problem when I get connected.
I don't like change :roll:
N/A

My reason for moving ? simply to have uncapped service.

Unlucky, me too Sad
N/A

40kb/s are you bloody serious??

What the hell am i sposed to do with that?

............hmmm will have to have a rummage around this forum i guess

my first day gets better- i dont think
N/A

no uncapped here m8

even the staff wear caps
N/A

If you wanted a uncaped service then Plusnet is not for you
N/A

rofl, and they all have caps with arrows and "I'm with incompetent" on them Cheesy
N/A

un-capped service was another reason for me, and it looks like this too is not as advertised Cry
N/A

un-capped service was another reason for me, and it looks like this too is not as advertised Cry

I'm in exactly the same boat mate Sad

I've only been on the forum 11 days, and felt the need to post over 170 times, if that gives you some idea how dissatisfied I am? Cheesy
N/A