cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jeesus Plus Net. Sort it Out- FAO Support

N/A

I get this message after I raised a call because I was getting a message from Plus net saying my BW usage was at 8mb.

"You account has the same traffic limits as the current Broadband premier option 3 which means you have 20GB of unrestricted peak time traffic per month as described here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml

Regards,
link:CUAremoved

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html"

Ok I thought, they sorted it out. Brilliant.

Then about 30 mins ago I got this

Your username: shaggy

Dear Mr Lee Shand,

Your peak-time usage for this billing month just exceeded 10GB.

Light restrictions will now apply to your connection speeds until the end of the current billing month.

For gods sake sort it or I will be off to another unrestricted ISP for the same fee per month.

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Removed the CS Agents name as it is against the forum rules to post it here.]
11 REPLIES
N/A

Firstly, you should edit out the CS Agents name before its moderated.

From what the origional message qoutes; I don't think it should be 20gb unrestricted peak time, but it should be 20gb peak usage, and 10gb unrestricted peak usage.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

He's on Option 3, so it is 20Gb unrestricted. It's 10Gb on Option 1, which is where I think you are getting confused.

Phil
N/A

Winky linky.Wink
N/A

Winky linky.Wink

Not that Im trying to make the topic go off. But Im completely against announcing the agents names.

Whats the point? Its not like the users have the option of not speaking to 'X agent' . You speak with whoever you get.

Plusnet will have a system inplace where as they monitor agents internally, Im sure of it :roll:
N/A

But I'm completely against announcing the agents names.

Where did you get the idea that the agents names should be announced?

Whats the point?

None whatsoever, and if you had read and understood the thread you may have realised this... Wink

Plusnet will have a system in place where as they monitor agents internally, I'm sure of it :roll:

We can only hope that this is the case, roll the eyes if you like but how are we to know that PlusNet have that system in place; how do you know for sure? Smiley
N/A

The provision of support and the quality of responses is something which the UserGroup are currently talking to PlusNet about and indeed have been for some time.

PlusNet are painfully aware of their shortcomings in this regard and we in the Usergroup, in partnership with the entire PlusNet community, are hammering home the message that improvement needs to take place.

Our efforts and those of fellow customers in the various forums are not falling on deaf ears.

Yes. Plusnet do have internal systems for monitoring the provision and quality of support. Those systems are supplemented by the feedback from customers on the various boards, in addition to the mechanisms available to PUG and the Forum moderators.

It has been said before that PlusNet are very anxious to return to the previous level of unrivalled support and are actively working to acheive that goal.

The UserGroup would actively encourage feedback and the reporting of concerns or issues on the UserGroup Forums If a professional and co-ordinated approach is taken on this subject we can all work in partnership towards improvement.

We are all aware of the current problems and from the UserGroup perspective, we will not let this go until improvement is realised.
N/A

theattic the rolling the eyes smilies was because they porbably don't have that system in place. Meant to be sarcasism Sad
N/A

they do,

each team leader within the CSC have to check x number of tickets each agent on his team have done and monitor x number of calls every month. This is all then fedback to the agent.
James
Grafter

Also, I raise any negative feedback with the agent in question.
Laugh
Grafter

Also, I raise any negative feedback with the agent in question.

Thanks for this James, but I think a lot of the problem here is not down to the individual agent, but to the whole system. This is something that PlusNet Management MUST take responsibility for. The poor guy (or gal) is swamped in tickets and is under pressure to clear as many as possible, as quickly as possible. There will be mistakes. Mistakes annoy the customer who places a well aimed groin kick :shock: on these bulletin boards. The management get to hear about it and the poor agent is shouted at Cry . The pressure increases, the mistakes get more, get bigger and get worse. More customers are affected and around we go again :? .

I raised a ticket yesterday because Webmail appeared to have lost an e-mail I wanted to keep. Ticket raised at approx 5pm and I still haven't had a response, despite being told that current tickets are taking an average 2.5 hours to clear. I'm not that bothered about this and I'm not posting to hasten the ticket. Judging by some of the postings, there are customers with much greater problems than mine. But PlusNet is currently setting a customers expectation by quoting these times and then consistently failing to meet them. The classic appraisal comment of "this individual always sets low standards and consistently fails to achieve them." springs to mind.

What about a ticker tape type banner on Help & Support saying that all is well, or not, as the case may be. With a quick submission option for users to select tickboxes( or whatever) for Webmail slow, Portal Slow, mail down, mail delayed etc. This would mean that customers would not necessarily have to raise a ticket each time, reducing the amount of tickets clogging the system. The current System Status page just isn't accurate and current enough to be of any use. PlusNet would get a quick 'heads up' of any problems and could quickly and easily add 'real-time' entries to the ticker tape saying what faults are currently active and prevent additonal tickets being raised. It could also include a warning that phone queues are currently high, or ticket turnaround is currently approaching 24 hours! Phew! Shockedops: I hope that made sense - it did in my head!

My missing mail has actually re-appeared now :lol: but I've noticied that my member centre home page is currently saying that I have £1 referral discount, which is pretty cool Cool seeing as I should only be getting 50p. Has anyone else got this or am I special? :lol:
N/A

theattic the rolling the eyes smilies was because they porbably don't have that system in place. Meant to be sarcasism Sad

I do apologise, I misread the rolling eyes smiley. Smiley