cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

James/Mand: BRAS profile and "stable_rate" stuck a

parish
Grafter

Problems with my line/exchange several months ago caused the synch rate on my line to vary wildly and my "stable_rate" (on the portal) dropped to 1000 from 3000. The line problems seem to have resolved themselevs and my "stable_rate" jumped back up to 2500 - not as good as 3000, but better than 1000 Wink

A freak synch speed a week or so ago caused it to drop back to 1000. My synch speeds have been back to the more normal 3000+ for over a week now but my "stable_rate" is still stuck at 1000 despite several disconnects/reconnects (some by me, others not).

James/Mand, do you still have the big red magic button that you can press to wake the system up? If so, give it a push for me - thanks Cheesy
8 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The system should automatically update the speed once BT update the BRAS profile, I'd suggest checking the BR Speedtest:

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27

if this is also 1Mbps then it should pick up any time now I would have thought.
parish
Grafter

Dave, I'll do the BT speed test when I get chance.

Are you saying that the problems whereby the BRAS profile was being updated but the deltas not being sent out (or the PN system not picking them up) which was a problem when DSLMax was first rolled out is no longer an issue? Back then PN were able to do something to force it to update - hence my post here.

I'll post back with the results of the speed test.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I've not seen many examples, if any recently. If the BRAS profile is being updated then the delta report seems to be coming through pretty quickly and updated on our side. The one's I've checked seem to be happening in under 12 hours, most quicker than that.

Reason for asking the BT speedtest is to confirm which side is limiting the speed, if it is on our side then we need to look into why we haven't received/acted upon the delta report because this shouldn't be happening (except as I say if the BRAS profile has literally only just been updated).
Community Veteran

Note: New BT speedtest available now at

http://test.speedtester.bt.com:50301/

enter your phone number then enter [pnaccount]@plusdsl.net

This can be done without changing router settings.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
frusher
Dabbler

Godsell4 - really, really good link..... Thanks.......

This will really help people with stuck BRAS profiles.

My BRAS profile has been stuck on 3000, despite constant sync at 8128. I rasied a ticket 3-4 weeks ago for 'stuck bras profile' but no response from Plusnet ( ID: 20172827 ) after it has gone to the faults team.

Soooo, using the great new BT speed tester (output below) I can now see BT have my line profiled at 7150 kbps but Plusnet have my stable rate at 3000 kbps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plusnet, please can you look into the differences between the two speedsHuh Why am I limited to 3000 kbps. Why has it taken 3-4 weeks and the helpful people on this forum to get anywhere with the issue?

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2894 kbps
N/A

Possible Sticky

Yes, thanks from me Godsell4! I think the mods should make a sticky for this as it would help many people in the same situation I'd guess.
N/A

I've been stuck at 2000Kbps for 3 days now and its still not changed on Plusnets side. The BT speed checker says my line profile is at 7150kbps.
parish
Grafter

Dave,

I've run the speedtest a couple of times (once this morning and once just now) and both times it reports "Your configured download throughput speed for this service is 1000 k".

Unfortunately it hangs at "Sending results to the server" so I guess you won't be able to see them.

My router is currently synch'd at 3424 (for over 10 hours) and I haven't seen less than 3000 synch speed for over a week.

Something is definitely wrong - at BT's end it appears.

Do I need to raise a ticket?

Thanks