Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JOKE

N/A

JOKE

Telephone customer support 24/7 on 0845 1400083

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHHHHAAAAAAA

actually its not that funny

has any one actually tried to call this number?

what a joke

how the hell do i get rid of these cowboysHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

OFCOM is my next step
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

JOKE

Is your query anything we forums users can help you with :?:

Bill
N/A

JOKE

What is it about Internet access that brings out the worst in everyone. I can live without TV, food and EVEN sometimes (gasp!) beer but if my Internet connection goes down SOMEONE'S GONNA PAY!!!
It's the frustration of the poor support that is the catalyst for anger here on the MN forum.
Take Bill's advise and spill the beans here as calling support is a complete waste of karma :?
N/A

JOKE

Lol, had a little trouble myself this evening and thought I'd try ringing 08451 400083. All I got was what used to be called "the disengaged tone", like beeee beep .. beee beep.

24/7 phone support :twisted:
N/A

Frustration

Yes, it is the frustration....

of calling the number at least 20 times in the last 5 days and not getting through. of being on hold for 20 - 30mins at a time and then being cut off. my time is worth more than that.

i feel conned by METRONET. i paid £70 to have broadband connected, the monthly charge is by no means the cheapest and the one time in 6months I seek some help - forget it. i should have just signed up for 12mths with BT and saved myself the hassle & expense.

I did finally get through at 8pm last Friday night and got my MAC key off them - BTW they are not part of the Broadband Service Provider Migration Code of Practice - which means havent formally agreed to participate in this initiative (dodgy).

after i requested my MAC key they informed they will not be fixing the line as they have no reason to do so as Im leaving.

be interesting to see if they try to charge me for the time since the line has been down.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

JOKE

Hi.

There are all sorts of reasons why your connection is not working - grant one of them could be that you have been cut of over a billing issue and/or becasue of isssues with the billing system.
Did you raise a ticket for the problem?
Have you done the BT line checks discussed here:-
http://portal.metronet.co.uk/support/broadband/help_and_setup/troubleshooting.shtml
These are the checks the Support would ask you to do before they can take forward your problem.
This will establish if it is a Metronet or BT problem. If its a BT problem BT will not do an investigation/fix until they have the results of these tests.
While I apprecaite the frustrations on not being able to get through to telephone support, a little self help can make things much easier because you will have the answers to the questions raised.
You could find a migration to another ISP does not fix your connection problem.
I urge you give the tests a try and contact support - any problems with support then you should PM Mand or James.
AFAIK no one has had a broblem in mirgrating away from Metronet with a MAC code.

Bill
N/A

JOKE

done all that changed everything my end done the BT speed tests which are always fine and full speed.

If i am connected to the MN circuit slowest connection in the world.

been through everything and MN can't fix anything now have my mac code I will come back and post when I have my new ISP and let you know if a different service provider has any problems