cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not that disappointing service - a big PLUS!!!

N/A

I know it's not entirely the fault of PlusNet, however, I ordered my ADSL line this Monday early in the morning and I hoped that it will be up and running today so I can enjoy PlusNet's famous service this weekend.

The grim reality is that it will take at least 10 days to activate my line.

"Activation Date
The provisional date set for BT to activate ADSL on your line is:
08th Nov 2005 - After 12pm"

I am sure something could have been done. There is a customer, who has ordered your well advertised product and bought it on your website which is an instant transaction and despite all this, this customer will have to wait 10 days until he will be able to use this product. That's the whole internet about, you can buy stuff there and they turn up the next day.

I know, I am not good at waiting, but I wouldn't have minded 3 or even 5 days, but 10 days is just too much. Sad Cheesy
6 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Disappointing service

I know it's not entirely the fault of PlusNet, however, I ordered my ADSL line this Monday early in the morning and I hoped that it will be up and running today so I can enjoy PlusNet's famous service this weekend.

5-10 working days for BT to fully activate a line

Did you make your initial payment by credit card or by direct debit as that slows the process even more :S
N/A

Creditcard+ DD

Credit card for the initial payment and DD for the rest.

I knew it was 5 to 10, but I would have expected it to be 5 rather then 10.

I think PlusNet should imprive this, there must be a way to make BT work faster for them.
N/A

bertalan, BT work at their own pase, there isnt any way they can speed them up i'm afraid

Also ur line can be activated before this time, but ur plus account isnt active because bt hasnt told them the line is active - again bt taking there time.

So if ur sync light goes on, phone them up and ask them to activate the account
N/A

But BT

Came home and checked the router, the ADSL light was on, tested everything and then called PlusNet and they activated my account in no time.

BT would have waited until next tuesday to tell them it was activated.

Big PLUS PlusNet!!! Cheesy
N/A

i hope we dont see u posting here in the future, cause if u do it'll be because somethings broke, been with pn for less than 6 months and ive been here over 5 different issues now.

best of luck with ur connection
Community Veteran

Au, Contraie! (sorry if that's spelt wrong)

I hope we do see bertalan posting again, wether he has problems or hopefully not, that is so long as his post's remain constructive and civil.