cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It all depends on what you mean by free

N/A

It all depends on what you mean by free

I decided to manage all my domains under 123-Reg because they have an excellent flexible forwarding system. The paid for domains (typically £20) made no charge for the transfer. PlusNet want to charge £45 to transfer the domain included 'free' with my soon to be cancelled account. Why?
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: It all depends on what you mean by free

> PlusNet want to charge £45 to transfer the domain included 'free' with my soon to be cancelled account. Why?

Hi Michael,

This is our normal charge for a .co.uk domain. This is actually cheaper than many other ISP's, the reason being that we are not a hosting company and are therefore not setup in a way where we can offer the same discounts on domains that the dedicated hosting comapnies can.

This is made clear in various places on our portal, including the terms and conditions which you agreed to when you signed up. Please see section 8, fees, which states:

"The domain name which is included with certain accounts is only issued without charge based on us receiving full payment during a minimum contract period of 1 year. If your account is terminated prior to fulfilling this minimum contract period you will be liable for the cost of the domain name that is £52.88 (including VAT). "

This can be found at the following URL:
http://portal.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html

Plese let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support