cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ispconfig

jsanglier
Dabbler

Ispconfig

Back in January (that was a while ago ...) it was mentioned in the 2007 plans that the webspace system was to be upgraded probably using Ispconfig. This was good news. I use Ispconfig myself - it is very configurable, takes minutes to install on Debian and similar, works like lightning and has really good suport.

Once installed, it is easy to write lots of different packages so that new users get the right one. Package configuration includes number of MySQL databases, various webmail plugins, SSL, FTP, Telnet (yuck), Perl, PHP, SSI, WAP, etc etc ...

Users can configure white and black lists for spamassassin, anti virus, add accounts, and the rest - and all really easily.

Properly set up we would each have, basically, a virtual domain of the type that you would normally get from a hosting provider.

And, of course, the software is free.

So, three months on, I was wondering how the plans were going?
4 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Ispconfig

Hi There,

This wasn't a Q1 objective for us, and as such we haven't done a lot on this yet, short of finalising some of the specifications for the project.

Once we have the new product launch and the community site out of the way, we'll focus on this project. I don't have any time-scales at this point, but rest assured that this remains a commitment for development this year. We should have more solid information available within the next couple of months.

Ian
jsanglier
Dabbler

Ispconfig

Thanks Ian for the update

It had gone a bit quiet!

Joss
Ianwild
Grafter

Ispconfig

I should also be clear that although we have specced a solution using ISPconfig, there are some alternatives that could ultimately make more sense for us and deliver the same advantages.

As soon as we have a firm plan, I'll make sure it is communicated.

Ian
jsanglier
Dabbler

Ispconfig

If you ever get time, I am interested in what was the "enhanced" version that you have specced of ISPConfig.

It is always interesting to see what people are doing. ISPConfig is particularly well thought of, and since I use it, I am specially interested.

Joss