cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your P2P downloading dead slow?!

N/A

I think it's fair to say uploads have been working pretty damn well. So i'll keep this to downloading speeds only.

Also please mention what software you're using and a bit of background info too.

This poll is aimed at frequent users of P2P software that are very aware of how to setup their firewalls/routers and have used P2P with PN for sometime and who have or have not noticed a change in performance. This is not aimed at users who aren't sure about their own settings etc on their own equipment. This is about whether PN are getting things wrong or not.

Thanks
23 REPLIES
N/A

I had a bit of a problem with my download speeds a week ago, but i sorted out a few NAT problems, and its absolutely fine. Was using bittorrent - downloading with azerus, and was comfortably downloading at 250kbps. I always find its best to download later in the evening. If using torrents, its also very dependant on the seeder/download ratio.
N/A

thanks for that but like i said all of that is pretty apparent to those that this poll is aimed at. but looks like the poll isn't getting anywhere Sad
N/A

Mine is pretty slow, ive never seen it dl more than 270kbs.
Yet Many friends with dif ISPs dl the same file on the same tracker are getting 500 +.

Got to confess the upload speeds are great lol but only useful to leechers. Spent £50 on new router and most of my first grant on a new machine with 1GB lan, 2xcores, quad sli and 3gb ram with no change.

Its not our fault nor our hardware, its plussnet, always has been always will. Do yourself a favour and have a look at demon Smiley

Cheers m8,
Craig
N/A

hi all think its about time people plus myself moved to another isp as plusnet are pretty rubbish
N/A

i can say that today i tried both emule and bittorent(official version) and it was faster, much faster!
great.
keep it up please.
N/A

Limewire Unusable

Yup - about a month ago Limewire just stopped working on my machine - it sits forever 'connecting'. No changes to h/w s/w at my end and from the complaints I see others are making can only assume it's a Plusnet issue.

Fed up.
N/A

exactly the same problem as thewebworks is suffering, so I am not the only one with this problem!!!
manero
Grafter

Soulseek - used to be ultra-quick, now simply refuses to budge above 1.2 kbs (average 0.4kbs) during any of the peak hours. absolute garbage.
manero
Grafter

hmmm...

Link

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Shortened URL as it was stretching the page.]
N/A

My P2P speeds have been fine until the past couple of days, where they've been awful no matter what time of day I run the software.

I hope it gets sorted soon.
N/A

Tried connecting at 6.30am and was getting 300kb's +, up until 9.15-9.30am and now speeds are running at leass then 5kb's.

I always thought wkends were non peak?

What time does peak start/finish
N/A

Peak is supposed to be 4pm to midnight. Doesnt feel like it at the moment though.
dancecrave
Grafter

Hmmm,

This is not peak times.

last 2 or so days something is definitely up. Even upload speeds are fluctuating wildly between 2 and 11KB/s (averaging 6). Before then the uploads were going to my set max (15K) solid as a rock. no chance of a DL above 0.2K!!!

Still nothing in service status...

Cry
manero
Grafter

just checked with a couple of neighbours (both on FREE bundled packages) Using the same software (Soulseek) downloading the file from the same location. One got a speed of 27kbs, the other 60kbs. My speed? 0.4kbs

Great value for my £21.99 eh?

*sorry - it was 0.4, now it doesn't work at all Evil