cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your P2P downloading dead slow?!

N/A

I think it's fair to say uploads have been working pretty damn well. So i'll keep this to downloading speeds only.

Lets let them know what we think of the service we're paying for.

PS forget being an idiot and going through all "the have you configured your router properly" or "i don't use P2P much" or i'm a troll and other types of lamer posts.

I'm assuming that you will want to take part in this poll if you know what you're talking about and you know how to configure your equipment for your P2P software. Please don't bother taking part if your are a complete door knob that thinks people can't set up their routers/firewalls properly.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

you forgot an option - "I don't use P2P"

I use it very rarely and when I do I have found it pretty fast after 12am, I have found the key is to ensure the right ports are open on your router or firewall.
N/A

thanks richard. why do you assume that users can't setup their equipment or firewalls properly.

get off my internet.
Community Veteran

Re: Is your P2P downloading dead slow?!

forget being an idiot and going through all "the have you configured your router properly" or "i don't use P2P much" or i'm a troll and other types of lamer posts.

Ok, I'll forget about being an idiot........ just for you!

<cough>

*EDIT*
Please don't bother taking part if your are a complete door knob

:lol: As Yoda would say - "That you are".
Community Veteran

/me wonders who richard is.

the reason being there are so many posts on various forums from people with P2P problems and the problem was that they didn't have the right ports open.

P.S

Use of Quotes
Quotes can be a very useful way of making your reply to a post clearer by indicating which post or part of a post you are refering to.
However using them incorrectly can be annoying and make threads very hard to read.
The following rule applies to the use of quotes.
Only quote the full content of a post if :-

a) it is NOT the post immediately before your reply
b) You find that your reply has been forced onto a new page (then edit in the full quote if it's needed.)

Moderators note by John (johnessex) give me chance I seem to on my own these days. Sad
N/A

I have noticed new behaviour - I boot up soulseek, for say the first time in a 24hr period, on connection downloads are good - the kind of rates you expect under normal conditions (~20kb). 20-30 minutes later, and suddenly, speeds drop to ridiculously slow (~0.3kb), across all hosts, regardless, and stay that way. It has been like this for a few weeks now, mainly off peak aswell.. only conclusion PN are throttling after some period of time when the throttle mechanism has had time to scan / monitor the traffic patterns.

usual awful service for a premium product. i know people always say it, but im off. and heaven knows how PN came out top of uswitch customer service polls.. maybe their customer service agents were busily responding on our behalf.
N/A

/me wonders who richard is.

the reason being there are so many posts on various forums from people with P2P problems and the problem was that they didn't have the right ports open.

Sad

Richard has a shortened version. Why go on talking about routers and configuration. This post is about something else. If configuration bothers you why not start your own helpful thread.
hitachi
Grafter

Use this legal torrent as a test.It takes about a minute to reach 600kB/s for me at the moment.
Community Veteran

Thread locked at the request of the Original Poster as the Poll has been lost.