cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is traffic management automated?

N/A

Since last week my P2P traffic has been managed, I've no problem with this, however my HTTP, SMTP traffic is also affected. If I enable P2P, even during the hours of 12midnight to 8am, my HTTP & SMTP traffic is esentially blocked.

Is this supposed to happen?

Also my billing month started again on Sunday, yet my account still shows me over the limits, when does this get reset back to zero?
4 REPLIES
N/A

As explained in other posts the reset often takes a day or two as it's not a completely automatic process yet. It's not an ideal situation but should be changing to be completely automated in March.
N/A

OK thanks for the info, I'm not concerned about the restrictions, I did have a system in place to restrict it myself but it failed, that's my fault for not checking it.

I was under the impression though that even if P2P was throttled, HTTP would be unaffected, that hasn't happenend in my case. HTTP was unavailable if P2P was running and throttled to 1kb/s up/down.
N/A

Yerp, http should be unaffected if you are only under P2P/Usenet/FTP management. If you've checked out everything locally and are still experiencing problems it may be worth raising a ticket,
N/A

Thanks for the replies, I'll wait another day and check things out once the acoount usage has been reset.