cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this typical with a Line fault ?

N/A

Ticket 20341028

How long does it take to actually get someone to look at a fault with my connection ?

I raised a ticket last thursday 21st Sept and was told that evening that they would kick of a test. I rang back Friday morning to ask the status and was told the test failed and that they would need to retest. I asked at this stage for phone updates and gave them both my landline and mobile number.

I phoned friday evening after getting no update and was then told that they had spoken with the faults department and they would do the tests shortly. Saturday came and no updates so i phoned again. Im then told that it would take 24-48 hrs for the faults team to look at it and they had a question as if the modem was on etc etc....(in an email..). I reminded them i kept all equipement on 24hrs and the fact that I cant sync might be the issue they cannot connect ! I also had to regive my phone details.

Left it until today to ring back (after checking webmail as i had access from work - no updates there either) and now told they cant give me a status update nor do they have a clue as to when it will be looked at. I asked them the avg turnaround and was quoted 9 days !!!

What really cheeses me off is the initial promise of a turnaround time only to find out im being lied to on a consistent basis. I have a business account but I guess that doesnt really make a difference.

I even brought a new router (phoning them to tell them i was disconnecting for 30 mins) but same issue - adsl not being able to sync.

I've been perfectly happy with the speed and connection i get and feel pretty loyal to plusnet but this method of handling a fault with no clue as to when it will be diagnosed is very frustrating.

Is this normal ?

Can a moderator here have a look and give me an honest answer? Im kind of dependent upon my connection but its impossible to plan anything as I dont know when someone will even look at it properly nevermind try and resolve it.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Is this typical with a Line fault ?

Can a moderator here have a look and give me an honest answer? Im kind of dependent upon my connection but its impossible to plan anything as I dont know when someone will even look at it properly nevermind try and resolve it.

We Moderators don't work for PlusNet so theres not a lot we can do.
Hopefully someone from Comms will pick up on this post and be able to look into it for you.
N/A

Looks like we joined in the same week! And got a problem in the same week. See my thread about what has happened to me - 8 days and not a lot.

Interesting they said 9 days because I've been asking why they say 72 hours and what the avg is for a while now and the questioned is just dodged.

My current question is what 'top priority' means because as you've found out they just wait for Tiscali or BT to get back to them, more of a message bureau than a support centre (at least as far as disconnections are concerned).

Is this normal ?

Good question. I have connections with Easynet, Tiscali, BT, and PlusNet and whilst all of them have problems the LLU problems (and deleted emails) are on a scale that exceeds normality. I had a satellite connection with Aramiska, now that disconnected permanently when the company collapsed, so I suppose this is not the worst connection Smiley Then again, I didnt have to pay for that once it disconnected, so perhaps this is the worst connection.