cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this right?

N/A

Is this right?

I received my first email on Thursday regarding my usage, but with this message came instant peak time management for 30 days.

Is that correct?

I thought the first was a warning and the second carried the punishment?

:?

Even so, this month I'm WAY under the 100GB or whatever it is and I've only been with PlusNet for nearly 3 months.

Not happy Sad
15 REPLIES
N/A

Is this right?

Sympathise black20vt but personally I think the whole pn world and their Granny are being controlled at peak times so far as p2p and usenet are concerned. I don't think they've quite worked out how to administer the new setup yet so they are just hitting everyone. Of course, I may be wrong and it may be down to simply having your name pulled out of the hat.. :roll:
N/A

Re: Is this right?

I received my first email on Thursday regarding my usage, but with this message came instant peak time management for 30 days.

Is that correct?

I thought the first was a warning and the second carried the punishment?

:?

Even so, this month I'm WAY under the 100GB or whatever it is and I've only been with PlusNet for nearly 3 months.

Not happy Sad

This has probably happened because Plusnet have decided that they can apply the changes retrospectively (going by other similar posts) meaning we would all need to be psychic to have forseen what was to come.

There have been other posts from users who have also been put on management. You should contact the Office of Fair Trading or your local Trading Standards to confirm whether they can apply changes in this way.
N/A

Is this right?

Well, on receiving the email, I raised a ticket, which, I then followed up due to a lack of response and still nothing.

Fingers crossed they get back to me soon. :roll:
N/A

Is this right?

Would help if we had a peak use bar to look at dont you think

But then i guess that would just be to easy for this lot
N/A

Is this right?

Is anyone from PlusNet reading this? I raised the ticket 4 days ago, and still nothing.

Here's the details from the customer support statistics page:

Ticket Progress
Current Average Time - 2 hours, 59 minutes and 12 seconds
Target Time - 8 hours
Last Updated - October 24, 2005, 8:26 am

Hmm, so my ticket is on 92 hours so far. Who puts together those stats?
N/A

Is this right?

If this is your first time being managed, you can raise a link:contact us ticket and ask for it to be taken off (as long as you agree to curb your usage).

When you raised your ticket, did you follow through the correct path in the wizard? It's possible that if you didn't, it would end up in a generic pool, meaning it would take longer to get a response. Alternatively you can always try calling up support on 0845 1400200.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Is this right?

We aim to remove people from the managed profiles within 24 working hours, so over the weekend it will take longer to action.

The ticket in question has now been actioned for you.
N/A

Is this right?

I did follow the correct procedure for requesting the removal of the limitation, but, I'm not happy with the statement saying 'customer aware of the implications'!

Surely before I receive implications, I should receive the warning mail before putting me on restrictions?

So effectively, if I step out of line again, I get 24/7 management on all traffic, but if you do anything wrong, it's a different story?

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with how this has been handled, as it seems there's one rule for one (customers) and something else for another (ISP).

In the 3 months I've been with PlusNet, I've gone from an uncapped service to a service that is a shadow of it's former self for the same price.

Granted, I was a high user for the first 2 months, but since the introduction of the 'sustained policy' thing, my usage is just over a quarter of what it used to be and WELL under the figures quoted. Added to the fact I didn't recieve any warning mail and was instantly put on the managed account really is a kick in the teeth!

I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED with the way this has been handled. Sad
N/A

Is this right?

Further to the above, here's a couple of suggestions:

1. What about removing Usenet? Only a few ISP's carry them, but if you don't want to remove them, possibly have text only

2. An email notification when you're getting near you limits? Possibly user defined?

Just some ideas to throw in the hat, but this still doesn't justify the heavy handed approach used on customers, especially those that have lowered their usage inline with requirement, like myself.
N/A

Is this right?

Would PlusNet care to respond to this message, or to my open ticket?

I see the average ticket time is down to 2 hours 15 minutes. Does my ticket that's been open for 73 hours so far get taken into account in those calculations?

:roll:
N/A

Is this right?

There is only one person who knows the answer to your question and he is off sick - :lol:

2. An email notification when you're getting near you limits? Possibly user defined?

Been requested many times - never happen though.
N/A

Is this right?

There is only one person who knows the answer to your question and he is off sick

Who's that and they don't have backup when someones off sick?

Quote:

Been requested many times - never happen though.

Just thought it might be a 'nice to have' really.
N/A

Is this right?

Has your ticket still not been answered?

I totally agree with you, It will be a way of keeping user within the limit and if they do go over they only have themselves to blame.
N/A

Is this right?

Has your ticket still not been answered?

Nope, not yet. :?

To say I'm becoming disillusioned is an understatment at the moment. Sad